Wrestling Forum banner

361 - 380 of 411 Posts

·
There's only one of me
1,217 Posts
Just an FYI - it's not necessarily the forum software that's the issue. You can make any forum software look exactly the way you want it to. I've done it for years.

This is likely the default design, minus the header -- I truly don't know because I've never used this before -- but again, it can be designed to look like the old forum, if they wanted it to be.

Quite frankly, I'm not a fan of the design. I've always favored a more compact look, and the lack of colors (specifically shades of gray, to separate posts and such) hurts the overall look. Buttons don't stand out as well, headers are far too large, and missing features need to be coded back in (or enabled).

It's not enough to send me packing, because I understand how any update to the design and software will never get the approval of everyone...but this might have been a bit too overwhelming, to say the least.

·
Super Moderator
19,329 Posts
It's kinda growing on me. I think if they made adjustments to the avs and sigs I'd really be digging it.

I know some people are disenfranchised because of the lack of a chat box but the chat box grew old for me a long time ago so that's not a big issue for me

·
Registered
317 Posts
Welp this site no longer has character and it's killed all the personality it allowed it's users to extrude.. Old layout was like walking into the Cheers bar, only for it to be renovated for your typical Home Depot supplies. The front page is not welcoming or "engaging" as the old layout. Light mode is absolutely not tolerable on the eyes.

·
Super Moderator
19,329 Posts
Welp this site no longer has character and it's killed all the personality it allowed it's users to extrude.. Old layout was like walking into the Cheers bar, only for it to be renovated for your typical Home Depot supplies. The front page is not welcoming or "engaging" as the old layout. Light mode is absolutely not tolerable on the eyes.
Valid criticisms, Brother, and I ONE HUNDRED PERCENT agree with you. But now that we have what we apparently have.... how could the powers that be *not us (Mods/Admins) btw improve it? I think that's the only logical direction we can go from here.

·
Absolute Scumbag.
4,013 Posts
It's kinda growing on me. I think if they made adjustments to the avs and sigs I'd really be digging it.

I know some people are disenfranchised because of the lack of a chat box but the chat box grew old for me a long time ago so that's not a big issue for me
who cares about the CB coming back. I am very concerned with your lack of care of the return of smilies.

·
@delecast
4,405 Posts
Boy this is hideous. Getting rid of red rep sucks. As does getting rid of gifs. Looking at this forum is like looking at a light bulb. I'm not mad, just disappointed. I really really REALLY don't want to go to r/squaredcircle but dumb shit like this is going to make me leave this forum.

Also, my favorite memory is still CM Skittle getting outed as an uggo.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
Guys, throw me a PM if you want an invite to the Discord. We talk wrestling there a lot.

·
One Winged Angel
3,699 Posts
It's grown on me. I like it better than the old layout. It's also nice not having to wait ages for pages to load. I sure do miss my :lenny, though.

·
Registered
7,633 Posts
Trying desperately to break my habit. At most I’m checking this place once a day now compared to 10+ times before the changeover.

Good luck to all those that stay.

Not sure why you would.

·
Confortably Numb
6,435 Posts
What the fuck

361 - 380 of 411 Posts