Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

RIP Impact Wrestling/TNA

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Obfuscation 
#1 · (Edited)
This isn't just a silly topic about LOL TNA dying. It's just a reflective piece on whats honestly happening. Seriously, when Anthem bought what was called TNA, I literally thought it was a great new beginning, and possibly taking Impact back to what it used to be, and slowly getting out of the mess down the line. I was wrong, this is probably the lowest point in their whole history. The company is literally a sinking ship, almost everyone is being let go, and the shows are beyond atrocious. Even at its worst, Impact would host bi-weekly tapings with the exceptional one month long tapings. Now? Impact only tapes 4 times a year, multiple episodes, creating no buzz, a dead show, no surprises. In 2017, that can't happen. The shows are the absolute worst I've ever seen, terrible sound and audioboard, dead lit studio, horrific chopped up footage resembling WCW Saturday Night at its worst, irrelevant segments, and 30-50% of the footage is now ICYMI or international footage. Why should I even waste my time 2 hours watching this crap? The show deserves its record low viewers of only 200k+ now because its not even TV to watch.

If the idea of all this is to save money, let's be honest, just let it die already then. What's the point of doing this? It feels like Anthem's plan is to downgrade Impact to a Canadian indie company, use their prior footage for their wrestling network coupled with other companies. Call it a day. The company is lightyears below WWE, and even behind ROH. And I'm not even an ROH guy! Wrestlers are leaving TNA for ROH. They can't afford Bad Influence but ROH apparently can. The PPVs are reduced to two leading to directionless weeks and months, while ROH holds more special events.

I have more higher expectations for Billy Corgan's NWA at this rate. Dixie was corrupt in the end, but at least she had one vision in mind: to make TNA relevant, mainstream, and must see TV. I have to at least give that credit to her. TNA under Anthem "gut it, take whats good, use the remnants as a Canadian indie company to film new footage, call it a day." I know I can't be the only fan wondering what in the heck is going on with this company.

See less See more
#2 ·
TNA/Impact/whatever has been dying a slow painful death for years.

At this point it's best to Old Yeller it.

Not con another sap into buying it, not merging with another Jeff Jarrett promotion. Sell the ring, sell the library, sell the ropes, sell Jeremy Borash, ect.

Let it die and see if another promotion finds a way to fill what little void TNA would leave.

#5 ·
I hope you are right and I am proven wrong. I don't see it happening though. BFG will be good I am sure. After that? Tape TV for the next 4 months, terrible chopped up footage, flooding episodes with outside matches, ICYMI footage, etc. Nothing fresh, nothing surprising, everything plain and boring off of terrible audio boards. Wash, rinse, repeat.

#4 ·
Yeah I know the argument is "why would you want wrestlers losing their jobs." But it's happening now. At this point I feel like the wrestlers themselves see Impact as the job you can't stand but stick with it because it pays the bills. I actually would love to see the NWA under Billy Corgan become the new #2 with a better TV outlet option, usurping TNA/Impact.

I myself was in denial until this week when it finally dawned on me, it's done. It'll be around and linger, but it'll be a small indie canadian company at this rate. Cheap content for Anthem and that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.