Wrestling Forum banner
41 - 60 of 73 Posts
I fucking lol'd when he won, and I sure as hell was happy, even though it was against Ziggy. He has tremendous natural charisma, a great look and he's very good on the mic. If only he learned how to stop botching...

Riley is so overrated, it's unbelievable. I don't want to see him get any sort of push. There are many, many midcarders who deserve a push more than Riley.

The same people who say he's got insane main event potential are the same people who will complain if he does get to the main event that his character is generic and boring. Which it is. His ring work is bland and very basic (Those DDTS and strikes - INSANE) and, while I'll agree he is charismatic and can handle himself on the mic, he's not got incredible mic skill and, above all else, he's generic as fuck. No character, just create-a-wrestler midcard face. Unless they gimmick him up and I'm proven wrong, at this point in time I'm not a Riley fan at all.

Besides, Riley was a very naughty boy backstage and backchatted Mr Cena or whatever. That kind of behaviour is unnacceptable for an undercarder so no push will be granted to him.

Liked that he won, though, we all unfortunately know that it means nothing.

He was the right jobber in the right place at the right time. Unfortunately, it means fuck all as I expect Ziggler to avenge his loss and Riley will go back to Superstars!

What can I say? That match was put there to make Ziggler look silly and further the feud between him and Jericho. I doubt this means any long term plan for him.
Sadly, this. John Cena whined to Vince McMahon and got him depushed to a Superstars jobber, his career is OVER, he'll never get a push again.
lol. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

I fucking lol'd when he won, and I sure as hell was happy, even though it was against Ziggy. He has tremendous natural charisma, a great look and he's very good on the mic. If only he learned how to stop botching...
This!

I still remember his awful botch with Swagger from a while back.

Hopefully he has ironed out those botches, because some were really awful.

Has lots of potential though.

You are happy for Riley ? After seeing this,I'm afraid for Riley.
Did you know why they choose him ? Because for them,Riley is the worst guy on the roster and so,Jericho could embarass Ziggler.
Sorry but that's not good for A-Ry

That win meant absolutely nothing. It's just like when Kidd got his first win on RAW against Tensai and it created a lot of discussion. Many people were jumping the gun and assumed Kidd was getting pushed, when that win was just to make him look credible for the MITB match and nothing more. WWE just needed someone to beat Ziggler in a fluke manner to keep up his feud with Jericho going, both of them have cost each other matches now, but I don't approve of it. WWE are supposed to be building up Ziggler as the MITB winner, not having him losing to Alex Riley of all fucking people.

That win meant absolutely nothing. It's just like when Kidd got his first win on RAW against Tensai and it created a lot of discussion. Many people were jumping the gun and assumed Kidd was getting pushed, when that win was just to make him look credible for the MITB match and nothing more. WWE just needed someone to beat Ziggler in a fluke manner to keep up his feud with Jericho going, both of them have cost each other matches now, but I don't approve of it. WWE are supposed to be building up Ziggler as the MITB winner, not having him losing to Alex Riley of all fucking people.
Agreed. Ziggler should've lost to credible midcarder like Christian or Rey Mysterio instead of jobber like Alex Riley.

This match served no other purpose than to progress the feud between Jericho and Ziggler. The only push Riley is getting is back to jobberstars. Sorry.

I was LITERALLY shouting at my TV screen "GOD, LET ALEX RILEY WIN!" And when he did i said to myself tomorrow I'm gonna mark the FUCK out of A-Ry, but after Raw i proceeded to mock some of my friends on PSN that like Dolph Ziggler :p

I never thought i would get an oppourtunity to do it again. But for Alex Riley's future? I wouldn't mind seeing him United States or IC Champion maybe having him fued with The Miz.

Yeah but then Lawler buried him for absolutely no reason by saying "because of the Jericho distraction, Riley won which allowed, Alex Riley for the first time in his life, obviously, was trending worldwide" and then laughed the Lawler cackle.

What's the point in the mockery? I mean seriously, why is that funny to say and do? It makes the TV audience not take the guy seriously when you hear that.

I mean I guess this is more about my hatred for Lawler than my like for Riley though, because I really don't care about Riley.

I doubt this leads to a push. The commentators still managed to bury him even with that win. Just a blimp in the Jericho/Ziggler fued.

WWE need more midcard faces, he can fill the role easily. Would definately welcome him picking up a few wins.

WWE need more midcard faces, he can fill the role easily. Would definately welcome him picking up a few wins.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.