Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week we debated about him opening the show and how that's a spot reserved for main event talents... and this week he actually was in the main event. Granted, he didn't have a great showing but it was a main event none the less. Thoughts?

·
Banned
315 Posts
The word bland is ashamed to be associated with someone as boring as Alex Riley.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
The word bland is ashamed to be associated with someone as boring as Alex Riley.
I can't lie Riley is not boring. He is a youtube guru.

·
Registered
919 Posts

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
It sure appears that Vince wants to test the waters with Riley a little bit and that's scary because he blows. I still don't understand what people see in the guy, just like I don't get what makes Miz so beloved. Hopefully I'm proven wrong though because the time for new stars to step up is clearly upon us.

·
Banned
315 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
I like Riley. The hook up with the Miz makes sense, and Riley is playing his part very well. The guy's got personality: he's annoying and likeable at the same time. He might not have won Nxt2, but his progress is more advanced than that of Kaval, who's a great wrestler, but whenever do you hear him on mic? Riley is a greater all-round entertainer, and deserves his break in RAW.

·
Registered
127 Posts
There apparently must not be anything to that DUI arrest considering he being booked better than ever. Then again Lance Cade (RIP) was Jericho's apprentice one week in the main event and gone the next.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
if Alex Riley continues to do things like quote Drake and reference popular memes, i'm all for him being on Raw as much as possible.

·
Banned
353 Posts
I enjoyed the match alot but the miz pissed
me of when he toke forever and a day with
that table its like he wanted orton to hurt him
why didnt riley get up and help him anyway
when he went throw the table i laughed i like orton
but its good a ri is wrestling if he gets
any better he'll outshine miz :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Seriously though the more i see A-RI the more i like him
i enjoy his role on raw and i hope he keeps helping the miz
his not ready to go out on his own yet

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
Last week we debated about him opening the show and how that's a spot reserved for main event talents... and this week he actually was in the main event. Granted, he didn't have a great showing but it was a main event none the less. Thoughts?
Lol dude, Darren Young was in a Raw main event...

It's Raw, let's not get too ahead of us now. And not to mention, the match set up made sense with the way the storyline has been going.

What I really want to know is why he's still carrying that briefcase around.
And, this. I have been wondering the same damn thing!

·
Premium Member
19,338 Posts
What I really want to know is why he's still carrying that briefcase around.
To keep people like you wondering why. :p

It's just something that the fans can hate about him. Just a heel tactic.

Reactions: Cobwebber

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
People can hate all they want, Riley is here to stay

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Titus O'Neil is still in FCW.
Eli Cottonwood is still in FCW.
Lucky Cannon is still in FCW.
Percy Watson is still in FCW.
Husky Harris is a background member of Nexus.
Michael McGillicutty is a background member of Nexus.
Kaval is a mid-card jobber on SmackDown.

Regardless of who won the contract or the title shot, Alex Riley IS the breakout star of NXT Season 2, and creative ARE testing the waters with him. He may be losing his matches, but he's losing them to established main-eventers like Randy Orton and John Cena. He's also getting an increasing amount of air-time each week. And of course, he's the enforcer of the WWE Champion himself, The Miz. If that's not exposure, I don't know what is.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
Let's Go RILEY! Let's GO!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts