Wrestling Forum banner

Rikishi Unhappy With Sons' Treatment On RAW - Details

4244 Views 39 Replies 31 Participants Last post by  sideon
Prior to the match pitting Mark Henry and The Great Khali against Jimmy and Jey Uso on RAW, The brand's General Manager switched the bout to a dance-off. The World's Strongest Man and The Punjabi Playboy notched the victory with their unorthodox dance moves.

Former WWE star Rikishi, father of the Uso brothers, took to Twitter to express his unhappiness for the angle. "My thoughts on my sons' dance off? Didn't really need it," he wrote. "Creative Team WTF!! Its not that hard to figure in talent." He added, "Tag Teams in the WWE are not really the focus as we can see. Soon Usos will be in singles."

Can you blame him?!
wrestlinginc.com/
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

· ✔
29,680 Posts
he's right. im a big fan of these guys, but unluckily for them, they're a tag team. taking tamina away was a bad move too. i like the way these guys wrestle, it's just a shame these guys have to come out in silence, and basically be told on live television that they suck ass.

· Registered
992 Posts
Looks like Usos can't move up the card they're not over but they can't get over in a dead division. They're screwed.

the endorse who set the course
12,187 Posts
i like the instrumental a lot better than the version with lyrics. rikishi is right, there was no reason for the usos to be buried like that. don't u want to have at least a couple real tag teams around? they're the only real team in the wwe right now. how are they supposed to be over when they're made to look like shit every week?

· Registered
922 Posts
he's right. im a big fan of these guys, but unluckily for them, they're a tag team. taking tamina away was a bad move too. i like the way these guys wrestle, it's just a shame these guys have to come out in silence, and basically be told on live television that they suck ass.
Hopefully Tamina will leave Santino and cost him and Kozlov the titles. What is she really doing right now anyway?

· Registered
20,757 Posts
The Usos aren't exciting anyways. Just your generic cocky heels and what hurts them even more is that you have trouble telling the two apart, making it impossible for either to even get credit for standing out.

12,187 Posts
hotdiggity makes a good point, them looking exactly the same doesn't help. it's one thing when it's the divas because who doesn't like 2 hot twins, but with the dudes 2 of the same is not a good thing, u need to be an individual first. that's what made deuce n domino so great, they were the same but totally different. i still have faith the usos will get it right.

· Registered
6,883 Posts
The Usos aren't exciting anyways. Just your generic cocky heels and what hurts them even more is that you have trouble telling the two apart, making it impossible for either to even get credit for standing out.
They're not generic cocky heels. They're a bonafide talented team with a rich family tree. They're way stronger than you think, too.

And last I remembered, tag teams didn't need to individually stand out. It's better that way since it's about the team itself.

· Registered
989 Posts
It's funny because they had a tag title match with two thrown together tag teams in Santino/Kozlov & McGilli, yeah & Husky Harris. Then the next segment, a REAL tag team in the Uso's . . . in a dance off with . .. Mark Henry & Great Khali.

12,187 Posts
when they were feuding with dynasty they were on their way up, they were progressively getting more over, and showing personality. after that ended wwe didn't bother doing anything half decent with them. they were more than half way to being established but when u haven't finished climbing the established mountain u can slide down really quick.

· Registered
8,175 Posts
I don't blame Rikishi for being pissed off. For those saying, "well, all he did in the WWE was dance". At least he got the chance to wrestle, and the dancing only took place after they won.

He was in a really good tag team in the Samoan Swat Team/Headshrinkers, so he knows what he's talking about when it comes to Tag Team Wrestling.

I've seen the USO's matches on FCW, and they're really good. They're a mixture of those old-school Samoan Tag Teams, but they put their own spin on it. They've got a little bit of the Rock in them, and a bit of Umaga as well. They're also good on the mic.

Having Tamina break off from them was a bad idea. They worked well together, and she could have been their version of Chyna. Now, she's in this stupid angle with Santino that's probably not going anywhere.

I don't think the fact that they're twins is a problem at all. I think the twin thing could have been a way for them to get over. They could pull the old switcheroo. There's a lot they can do.

It just sucks that the WWE has no interest in having a good Tag Team Division. Apparently, Vince thinks they "don't sell", which I don't believe because they haven't really tried selling their Tag Team Division in a long time. I think it's just laziness.

· THATS THE WALL BROTHER
33,698 Posts
This is all leading to a bigger picture (lol)

If they wanted to go in that direction, Tamina could cost Santino/Kozlov the titles.

But the tag team division is a joke anyway. As much as I love Santino, him and Kozlov as tag champs is a joke.

· Registered
2,670 Posts
He's just pissed because they didn't wear the yellow sunglasses while they did it.

· Registered
2,507 Posts
They're okay. But seriously their theme is the most boring fucking piece of shit abortion of a theme in the history of shit jobber themes.
I mean seriously? If it's not an insomnia cure I don't know what is.

Here's an example of a jobber theme actually has some pop and wakes up the audience.

· Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I think the reason that WWE doesn't push tag teams is because of the inevitability that one will likely be a star and the other will fall into obscurity. I bet that Vince was like... "Why bother with the tag team?"

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.