Wrestling Forum banner

Rikishi - selling clotheslines all day long.

2909 3
Anyone else remember how Rikishi used to always sell clotheslines amazingly?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tziKnlqEG8&feature=player_embedded

There's an example, but despite blown out of proportion by JR, he did this for every clothesline. I was always impressed how a man of his size sold a clothesline like that.

Infact I wish we had some more Rikishi now, always thought a heel stable with the Uso's and Rikishi at the helm would have been cool when the Uso's first came in, and would've definitely helped getting them over.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Yeah Rikishi is just one of the Annoi Family, all great athletes and Wrestler, legit, all what they did and do looked vicious but if you ask their opponents, they will tell you they didn't feel a thing, and yeah that's cool but he only should have done it forbigguys like the Rock, cause it's not believable if he does it like that for Taka Michinoku.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I remember a long way back where it was a match between Bradshaw and Billy Gunn and Billy sold the Clothesline From hell just like that. It was timed so perfectly, it looked like Bradshaw took his head off. That clip also became part of the Raw is War opening intro video.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
I remember a long way back where it was a match between Bradshaw and Billy Gunn and Billy sold the Clothesline From hell just like that. It was timed so perfectly, it looked like Bradshaw took his head off. That clip also became part of the Raw is War opening intro video.
Wow, weird coincidence...I JUST watched that match. It was the tag team gauntlet match from No Way Out 2002. It came down to Billy & Chuck and the APA, and that was the move that ended the match. Absolutely vicious looking.

On topic, Rikishi never looked more agile and athletic than when he was selling big moves, especially clotheslines.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.