Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Heidenreich being pushed as a new member of the LOD and even winning the tag titles with Animal, and then going on to feud with The Undertaker (or was that the other way round?). Either way he was pretty awful and his only redeeming achievement was getting laughs for bumming Michael Cole in a backstage segment.
Other way around. His peak was his Undertaker feud and after that he went to do some stuff with Snitsky iirc, before turning face. I wouldn't call his baby face run a push tbh. It was a decent tag team in an irrelevant division.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Rey Mysterio...ESPECIALLY the 2006 milking Eddue's death run. It is hard for me to enjoy a Rey Mysterio match because he has the most unrealistic moveset (and that is not a compliment)....his opponents have to do most if the work to make it look like he flipped them or hurt them. He also looks ridiculous performing the moves on heavyweights and even beating them.

I get that he has been exciting fans with the flips and twists for 2 decades now, but he should have NEVER been near any World Title or anything not a cruiserweight or lightweight.

I didn't get it when I first saw him in WCW when I was a teenager and still don't buy him now.

·
Registered
981 Posts
I can't recall why but I remember having a real hard time buying into Al Snow as a main event guy during that brief run in ECW.

A lot of people have singled out Justin's main event spot in ECW as weak but I thought the push was gradual enough over a three year period to be believable. I think the booking was just falling part at the seams over there with too many guys exiting and not enough time spent building up new faces to get them over. For example, they had Steve Corino doing a work horse Cinderella angle as champion, just a few months after they did it with Jerry Lynn. Either one on their own would have probably worked but doing them both so close to each other kind of lessened the impact and made it feel like the same hot potato booking that was devaluing both WWF and WCW at the time.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Great Khali didn’t amuse me. He would have been perfect for the Oddities stable. Not main eventing world title matches.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Regarding BIlly Gunn, he also has asthma and had a hard time wrestling singles matches apparently.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Regarding BIlly Gunn, he also has asthma and had a hard time wrestling singles matches apparently.
Was just reading through this thread and was surprised that people wanted more for Billy Gunn. He was the better wrestler of the group, but didn't have the appeal/charisma compared to his boys, Road Dogg and X-Pac in my opinion. He was good where he was placed but he definitely deserved a better gimmick after dropping Mr Ass and a longer reign with the Intercontinental title.

·
I know I'm dope, but don't wet that.
11,758 Posts
Cena. I thought Batista was more of Vince’s cup of coffee, muscleman, Brock Lesnar Lite, friends with his son in law, flair co-sign. When I saw cena getting the push at first I was baffled especially since Vince doesn’t get hiphop culture so it didn’t make sense at first.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I think Cena's rise to the top was fine and believable. It's what happened after he got to the top which was more annoying than anything else.

I basically rooted for him to lose every feud he has ever been in since the best of 5 series with Booker T.

·
None. More. Hated.
6,432 Posts
Sid was over as shit in 1996-97 WWF. I watched a fair amount of it on the Network recently and there wasnt one time his music hit when the people didnt fucking blow. Even if he was heel.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Cena. I thought Batista was more of Vince’s cup of coffee, muscleman, Brock Lesnar Lite, friends with his son in law, flair co-sign. When I saw cena getting the push at first I was baffled especially since Vince doesn’t get hiphop culture so it didn’t make sense at first.
Batista was obviously the chosen one. He was the one who got the rumble win, the big story with the slow turn, and the main event of mania. Cena was obviously also getting pushed, but he was obviously not the chosen one at this point in time.

It wasn't until around summerslam 2005 that Cena started replacing him as FOTC.

·
I know I'm dope, but don't wet that.
11,758 Posts
Batista was obviously the chosen one. He was the one who got the rumble win, the big story with the slow turn, and the main event of mania. Cena was obviously also getting pushed, but he was obviously not the chosen one at this point in time.

It wasn't until around summerslam 2005 that Cena started replacing him as FOTC.
Batista was Brock Lesnar Lite something that Vinny MAC would typically go for.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts