Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riho is my favorite female wrestler in AEW

12K views 91 replies 35 participants last post by  Obfuscation 
#1 · (Edited)
She's really an amazing wrestler and adorable. I only seen like 3 matches of her and I love her already. She's great at playing the underdog with a lot of heart. It really makes me want to root for her. I like her better then any of the girls on the roster currently. She's the best worker in my opinion. She is a Japanese AJ Lee, I think that's a fair comparison. But I think she's a way better wrestler then AJ.

#31 · (Edited)
Comon bruh

Nyla Rose
Brandi Rhodes
Allie
Britt Baker
Penelope Ford
Bea Prstley
Sadie Gibbs

among the names on the female AEW roster. Riho mops the floor with them. She's simply better and more experienced.

#38 ·
Out of all the women's wrestlers I've seen in AEW where I didn't have prior experience to them, Riho is the one that's impressed the most. She's quick, she's sudden, she can sell well, etc. She reminds me a lot of Kairi Sane.

I think the only downfall of her right now is that with her size the stories are limited on what you can tell with her. She'll always be the underdog. With someone like Kairi at least, she has enough size and muscle on her where she can switch it up in matches.

#39 ·
Bea/Britt for the title would've been better choice tbh. I dont get whats so special about the Joshi wrestlers either. You cant make Asuka/Io Shirai out of everyone... also I doubt they can speak any basic english which for a promotion on TNT might be kinda important, no?

#43 ·
I like Riho, she probably lacks the charisma of Yuka Sakazaki and Shida. We have to remember she's only 22, and for some talent it takes a while for them to find their groove in that department. She's a good underdog babyface, and is a great talent for her age. She's probably not the greatest Joshi worker around, but again it comes with age. I still would like AEW like they've done with Hikaru Shida and probably sign up 2 or 3 more up to full time contracts and let them work on the American Indies and get used to working in the States.

I think the lack of good American or European workers is hurting the women's division, who's really good when you take away the Joshi's. Nyla has potential. Britt and Bea are good hands but neither are on the same level as their real life partners. Sadie Gibbs is one for the future. Allie, Brandi and Leva are nowhere near the top level. I haven't seen enough of Penelope Ford yet. Awesome Kong is way past her best and has been for years.

I think Kylie Rae is a big loss as she would have been one of the talents with potential. Signing up Priscilla Kelly, Nicola Savoy and Mercedes Martinez wouldn't be a bad move. Even Ivelisse would be a good pick up. None of them are star names but at least it give a bit of depth to the division.

With Riho, I don't see her winning the title. I could see them giving it to Nyla cause she's the big nasty heel and having the faces chase her will make it more exciting.

#58 · (Edited)
Riho is decent in ring, but Shida impressed me waaay more. I think she shined much brighter than Riho in their match. Riho is also committed to Stardom as well meaning it's pretty likely they will slap the belt on Nyla Rose. Definitely lets some of the air out of that future title match for me. I'm also super convinced that Riho is being positioned so favorably because Kenny Omega is really finna bust a nut.

#60 ·
Riho is decent in ring, but Shida impressed me waaay more. I think she shined much brighter than Riho in their match. Riho is also committed to Stardom as well meaning it's pretty likely they will slap the belt on Nyla Rose. Definitely lets some of the air out of that future title match for me. I'm also super convinced that Riho is being positioned so favorably because Kenny Omega is really finna bust a nut.
What are you talking about man... they not even dating. They go way back sure but that is just random. Has nothing to do with anything.

#64 ·
I always think the first women's champ should be someone who have a decent reign for a few months, have good to great matches, and make the title legit and something special.

Riho for me is a talent, but she's someone I don't think is a long term champ imo. She's a plucky underdog type, have two or three title matches and loses it . Nyla is nowhere ready for that spot yet, she's got potential for sure and once it clicks for her. She be a great heel champ in a year or two time. But right now she shouldn't be the first champ. I suppose Riho winning it wouldn't be awful but she wouldn't have been my first choice.

That's the problem with the women's division, some say they lack big stars which is true. But more so for me, they really lack top workers who can go out and have matches that will stand up or steal the show at PPV. It's still the division right now that weakens AEW, I think their main event and tag team divisions are great, their mid card is good but their women's division is really lacking.

#65 · (Edited)
I would take Riho all day over Nyla Rose. Riho is a very very likeable underdog with a great natural ability in the ring not too mention her experience. I just feel like this is AEW pushing Nyla Rose so they can you know market her as an "empowering" first transgender champion blah blah. You can see it coming. I just like Riho a lot more then Nyla. I get Daniel Bryan underdog vibes from Riho. She could possibly be the Daniel Bryan of the womens division. I could see her get super over, it's just hard not to love her, look at her she's just a sweetheart, smiling to the ring always looks so happy. She genuinely loves wrestling and it shows through the screen. It's contagious.

#67 ·
Meh. Good to see she has a following but I'm not a fan personally. She's too tiny for my liking. I'd rather they push Ivalisse or Mercedes Martinez.
That's kinda part of the appeal to see the smaller wrestler push through adversity. Hence an underdog. Also helps she is freaking adorable and good wrestler. Just makes me want to root for someone like that. Seems like a sweet person too.

#72 ·
Riho being in the first time match is fine, but it being against Nyla is such a mistake. The crowd is going to be so quite for that match and it's on the first show and the first women's champion and that is not the crowd reaction you want for that match. How Britt Baker is not in the first title match is flabbergasting to me.

This post has been deleted
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.