Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riho is my favorite female wrestler in AEW

12K views 91 replies 35 participants last post by  Obfuscation 
#1 · (Edited)
She's really an amazing wrestler and adorable. I only seen like 3 matches of her and I love her already. She's great at playing the underdog with a lot of heart. It really makes me want to root for her. I like her better then any of the girls on the roster currently. She's the best worker in my opinion. She is a Japanese AJ Lee, I think that's a fair comparison. But I think she's a way better wrestler then AJ.

#2 ·
She's an outstanding performer. I still can't believe she's only 98 lbs.

The ending sequence she did with Shida at All Out was perfection. None of the current top WWE women performers like Charlotte or "The Man" Lynch or Bliss are capable of pulling it off.

I became a fan of hers after that match.

#7 ·
She's so fucking good I am highly impressed. She's like 22 years old wtf. She can work better then most of the girls in the WWE. These Japanese girls really be putting the American wrestlers to shame.

#3 · (Edited)
Thank you. I think shes one of the best females they have. She has a really good character and has really interesting good in ring wrestling. She is sorta over to with the american crowd. I think she will be the first womens champion. I think they put Rose in the match to look cool having a transgender but she wont win. Of course im sure she will win but i dont think they will pick her as the first choice. Riho is a much better talent that is a hell of a lot more of a better choice to go in the history as your first world champion.

I think the first champion should be someone honorable of being crowned the first. So Khan said japan is going to be wcws lucha of wrestlers. That being said i hope they still bring in lots of mexican wrestlers

#8 ·
Hopefully, Riho ends up becoming the 1st ever AEW Women's Champion; especially after delivering what was probably her 4th good match in a row on AEW :D

#11 · (Edited)
Look I'll tell you guys straight up I am not that excited for AEW but if they sign her and I get to see more of Riho I would have more of a reason to watch. I want to see more. She's one of the best they got. Sign her. I would watch AEW just to watch her wrestle straight up. And Kenny Omega.

#18 ·
I don't understand when someone says : She look like a kid, she's too small….

Her size is the same than the one of Io Shirai and she's even taller than Kairi Sane.

No Shida is signed full time and is moving to the US.

Riho will stay in Japan because she will appear more on Stardom than in AEW.

#16 ·
I can almost guarantee you she has more seemingly endless stamina than 80% of the roster, and I've seen her in matches where she will just go go go. The great thing about this lady is that you can market her as the most obvious underdog imaginable against goliaths that stand in front of her. She's literally perfect to gain fan sympathy with.

She was trained by the great Emi Sakura of ICE RIBBON and has been freelancing around the world for years.

#25 ·
it is confirmed she is moving to the states in october and shes fully signed with AEW
Man hopefully, it would be a huge letdown if they missed her. I'm just starting to get invested in her. Don't break my heart like that Riho.

#29 ·
If you go down the list of the American female wrestlers that are signed by AEW I just don't think they compare. It's probably due to her training when she was so young she is just simply better then them. She knows what she is doing in the ring, she is clean and smooth. A lot of them don't have her experience they are rough around the edges. More so I am comparing her to the wrestlers in AEW. Like others have said she is a 22 year old veteran. 22 but has done it for longer then all of them. It shows. She's amazing.

Reactions: Wakacool
#31 · (Edited)
Comon bruh

Nyla Rose
Brandi Rhodes
Allie
Britt Baker
Penelope Ford
Bea Prstley
Sadie Gibbs

among the names on the female AEW roster. Riho mops the floor with them. She's simply better and more experienced.

#35 ·
By the way i'm not saying that the american wrestlers are bad, far from that.

The difference in the ring come from the fact that in Japan they don't really care about the look, the most important thing is how good you are in the ring.

In America the physique is more important than the in-ring abilities.

#40 ·
It's hard to tell then because Joshi i've seen exhibit the same flaws non-Joshi get flack for.

Do you even watch wrestling bro that's not true.
Do you? Every Riho match i've seen has either had a clear botch (her and Yuka in the triple threat) or just clunky shit. Doesn't mean they're awful but being a step above I don't see it.

In this case I'm just asking about AEW ladies. How about Awesome Kong? Bea Priestley?
Kong prime easy yes. Kong now biasedly i'd take her because I know she's lost a step. Bea, Allie,Leva all them give me the same "this is meh" feeling as the Joshi. Honestly the only standout moment AEW women wise was Nyla's knee drop. Everything else was just there.

#38 ·
Out of all the women's wrestlers I've seen in AEW where I didn't have prior experience to them, Riho is the one that's impressed the most. She's quick, she's sudden, she can sell well, etc. She reminds me a lot of Kairi Sane.

I think the only downfall of her right now is that with her size the stories are limited on what you can tell with her. She'll always be the underdog. With someone like Kairi at least, she has enough size and muscle on her where she can switch it up in matches.

#39 ·
Bea/Britt for the title would've been better choice tbh. I dont get whats so special about the Joshi wrestlers either. You cant make Asuka/Io Shirai out of everyone... also I doubt they can speak any basic english which for a promotion on TNT might be kinda important, no?

#43 ·
I like Riho, she probably lacks the charisma of Yuka Sakazaki and Shida. We have to remember she's only 22, and for some talent it takes a while for them to find their groove in that department. She's a good underdog babyface, and is a great talent for her age. She's probably not the greatest Joshi worker around, but again it comes with age. I still would like AEW like they've done with Hikaru Shida and probably sign up 2 or 3 more up to full time contracts and let them work on the American Indies and get used to working in the States.

I think the lack of good American or European workers is hurting the women's division, who's really good when you take away the Joshi's. Nyla has potential. Britt and Bea are good hands but neither are on the same level as their real life partners. Sadie Gibbs is one for the future. Allie, Brandi and Leva are nowhere near the top level. I haven't seen enough of Penelope Ford yet. Awesome Kong is way past her best and has been for years.

I think Kylie Rae is a big loss as she would have been one of the talents with potential. Signing up Priscilla Kelly, Nicola Savoy and Mercedes Martinez wouldn't be a bad move. Even Ivelisse would be a good pick up. None of them are star names but at least it give a bit of depth to the division.

With Riho, I don't see her winning the title. I could see them giving it to Nyla cause she's the big nasty heel and having the faces chase her will make it more exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.