Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts
Well yeah Britt Baker got a pop because they heavily promoted her. People know who she is. Japanese womens wrestling is so niche I doubt anyone really knew Riho before she was signed. I mean some people knew her but not many. I don't think people are going to pop for her without knowing her. I still think she has potential to win the fans over.

As for Britt Baker yeah she has potential but the charisma is lacking. I mean she is a Dentist I can't think of a more boring profession then that. She's also quite green in the ring. The potential is there for sure she is good looking and has shown spots of brilliance in the ring. Time will tell.
I follow Joshi wrestling. ICE Ribbon, Riho's home promotion, is pretty obscure. I'd put it as the 4th or 5th promotion in Japan for women's wrestling. So I would say most people were clueless of Riho.

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,620 Posts
I follow Joshi wrestling. ICE Ribbon, Riho's home promotion, is pretty obscure. I'd put it as the 4th or 5th promotion in Japan for women's wrestling. So I would say most people were clueless of Riho.
Wow, I've never seen anyone confuse Gatoh Move for Ice Ribbon before. Riho hasn't even wrestled for Ice Ribbon since 2012 either :lol. Cagematch is a useful tool, bud. (Y)

I've seen Riho in TJP for a while now, and honestly, she wasn't anywhere near my favourites of the promotion opposed to Yamashita, Tatsumi, etc but I think she has stood out in AEW so far. Good performances most of the time, it's made me think much highly of her.

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts
Wow, I've never seen anyone confuse Gatoh Move for Ice Ribbon before. Riho hasn't even wrestled for Ice Ribbon since 2012 either :lol. Cagematch is a useful tool, bud. (Y)

I've seen Riho in TJP for a while now, and honestly, she wasn't anywhere near my favourites of the promotion opposed to Yamashita, Tatsumi, etc but I think she has stood out in AEW so far. Good performances most of the time, it's made me think much highly of her.
Oh, what the fuck ever dude. Even MORE obscure as it's in Thailand. Excalibur even said she was from Ice Ribbon during All Out. You're splitting hairs.

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,620 Posts
Oh, what the fuck ever dude. Even MORE obscure as it's in Thailand. Excalibur even said she was from Ice Ribbon during All Out. You're splitting hairs.
Well, don't blindly go with with something, because Excalibur wasn't correct which anyone that follows Joshi should know. Just don't try and be clever and claim others are clueless when you are misinformed yourself, that's all. No biggie.

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts
Well, don't blindly go with with something, because Excalibur wasn't correct which anyone that follows Joshi should know. Just don't try and be clever and claim others are clueless when you are misinformed yourself, that's all. No biggie.
I don't follow ICE Ribbon anymore because it's not that great. And last time I did she was there. A quick Google search for Ice Ribbon and she's STILL the 6th wrestler to come up. And I hadn't seen her anywhere else. So you can see why I figured she was still there.

I usually stick with Stardom and TJP these days along with some Oz on occasion.

But you got me dude. The internet is a better place. You should be proud.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Imagine getting mad over your false facts being wrong, especially after claiming you follow Joshi wrestling, couldn't be me 8*D

Anywho, Riho has been fantastic. However, I think Yuka has been the standout joshi out of them all thus far, I really missed her not being at All Out.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Imagine getting mad over your false facts being wrong, especially after claiming you follow Joshi wrestling, couldn't be me 8*D

Anywho, Riho has been fantastic. However, I think Yuka has been the standout joshi out of them all thus far, I really missed her not being at All Out.
Yuka's dope I like them both. They both have similar qualities. Riho really shined though from her performance and defeating Nyla who is fat and is more then twice her size.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.