Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 92 Posts
Out of all the women's wrestlers I've seen in AEW where I didn't have prior experience to them, Riho is the one that's impressed the most. She's quick, she's sudden, she can sell well, etc. She reminds me a lot of Kairi Sane.

I think the only downfall of her right now is that with her size the stories are limited on what you can tell with her. She'll always be the underdog. With someone like Kairi at least, she has enough size and muscle on her where she can switch it up in matches.
You know before Kairi came to the US she didn't have that much muscle.

If one day Riho sign full time with AEW and come to the US, she will get "bigger".

You know before Kairi came to the US she didn't have that much muscle.

If one day Riho sign full time with AEW and come to the US, she will get "bigger".
As small as Kairi as when she first came into NXT, she was still a fair bit bigger than Riho is now. And with Kairi I feel she has a a more varied offense with her striking to make up for the lack of size that I haven't seen enough of from Riho yet.

Again, I think she's really good. I just wonder if she'll be able to adapt in the future.

I like Riho, she probably lacks the charisma of Yuka Sakazaki and Shida. We have to remember she's only 22, and for some talent it takes a while for them to find their groove in that department. She's a good underdog babyface, and is a great talent for her age. She's probably not the greatest Joshi worker around, but again it comes with age. I still would like AEW like they've done with Hikaru Shida and probably sign up 2 or 3 more up to full time contracts and let them work on the American Indies and get used to working in the States.

I think the lack of good American or European workers is hurting the women's division, who's really good when you take away the Joshi's. Nyla has potential. Britt and Bea are good hands but neither are on the same level as their real life partners. Sadie Gibbs is one for the future. Allie, Brandi and Leva are nowhere near the top level. I haven't seen enough of Penelope Ford yet. Awesome Kong is way past her best and has been for years.

I think Kylie Rae is a big loss as she would have been one of the talents with potential. Signing up Priscilla Kelly, Nicola Savoy and Mercedes Martinez wouldn't be a bad move. Even Ivelisse would be a good pick up. None of them are star names but at least it give a bit of depth to the division.

With Riho, I don't see her winning the title. I could see them giving it to Nyla cause she's the big nasty heel and having the faces chase her will make it more exciting.

As small as Kairi as when she first came into NXT, she was still a fair bit bigger than Riho is now. And with Kairi I feel she has a a more varied offense with her striking to make up for the lack of size that I haven't seen enough of from Riho yet.

Again, I think she's really good. I just wonder if she'll be able to adapt in the future.
Wasn't Kairi a sailor or something like that when she was younger ?

This sport helps a lot with the muscles of the upper body.

The difference in the ring come from the fact that in Japan they don't really care about the look, the most important thing is how good you are in the ring.
I guess you're not familiar with Stardom

Anyway, I like Riho, but her match at All Out was boring and you could tell from the crowd reaction. Her face is generic, there are FAR more beautiful female wrestlers out there. Peyton Royce, Alexa Bliss, Allie, Brandi Rhodes, I could go on and on

Nothing I've seen from her impresses me like what I've seen from Io Shirai, especially in her one and only Lucha Underground match, and Tessa Blanchard is the best thing going in women's wrestling right now

I've become a big fan of hers recently, also I've gone back and watched her older Japan work as well as her current STARDOM work as well. She's really good, and FAR more ready to be champion than Nyla Rose is.

Anyway, I like Riho, but her match at All Out was boring and you could tell from the crowd reaction. Her face is generic, there are FAR more beautiful female wrestlers out there. Peyton Royce, Alexa Bliss, Allie, Brandi Rhodes, I could go on and on

Nothing I've seen from her impresses me like what I've seen from Io Shirai, especially in her one and only Lucha Underground match, and Tessa Blanchard is the best thing going in women's wrestling right now
By the look a mean the physique.

Discussion starter · #52 ·
The difference in the ring come from the fact that in Japan they don't really care about the look, the most important thing is how good you are in the ring.

I disagree I think Riho is hot asf. Something about petite Asian woman.

Reactions: DammitChrist
Riho is great and if AEW start doing various back story videos it would add more depth to the likes of Riho, Yuka and Shida. Them not talking fluid english is not that big of a problem. Just hire an asian backstage interviewer and subtitle it. That´s how people watch their entertainment all over the world. You get used to it quickly.

She is brilliant really like watching her matches. Compare riho to the horrible weekly botch fest of becky, Charlotte and Bailey. Sasha banks is the only remotely talented wwe female wrestler outside their Japanese imports. Asuka and shirai are great.

Well, I hope you're ready to watch her lose to my girl Nyla on 2 October. :lenny

Riho is decent in ring, but Shida impressed me waaay more. I think she shined much brighter than Riho in their match. Riho is also committed to Stardom as well meaning it's pretty likely they will slap the belt on Nyla Rose. Definitely lets some of the air out of that future title match for me. I'm also super convinced that Riho is being positioned so favorably because Kenny Omega is really finna bust a nut.

Discussion starter · #60 ·
Riho is decent in ring, but Shida impressed me waaay more. I think she shined much brighter than Riho in their match. Riho is also committed to Stardom as well meaning it's pretty likely they will slap the belt on Nyla Rose. Definitely lets some of the air out of that future title match for me. I'm also super convinced that Riho is being positioned so favorably because Kenny Omega is really finna bust a nut.
What are you talking about man... they not even dating. They go way back sure but that is just random. Has nothing to do with anything.

41 - 60 of 92 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.