Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 92 Posts
Discussion starter · #25 ·
it is confirmed she is moving to the states in october and shes fully signed with AEW
Man hopefully, it would be a huge letdown if they missed her. I'm just starting to get invested in her. Don't break my heart like that Riho.

Discussion starter · #29 ·
Yeah I don't see what's special about her, especially in the "she's so much better than ___" sense. Honestly I think the Joshi benefit from being Asian. Nothing i've seen from joshi in AEW suggests American women in general aren't on that level.
If you go down the list of the American female wrestlers that are signed by AEW I just don't think they compare. It's probably due to her training when she was so young she is just simply better then them. She knows what she is doing in the ring, she is clean and smooth. A lot of them don't have her experience they are rough around the edges. More so I am comparing her to the wrestlers in AEW. Like others have said she is a 22 year old veteran. 22 but has done it for longer then all of them. It shows. She's amazing.

Reactions: Wakacool
Discussion starter · #31 · (Edited)
Comon bruh

Nyla Rose
Brandi Rhodes
Allie
Britt Baker
Penelope Ford
Bea Prstley
Sadie Gibbs

among the names on the female AEW roster. Riho mops the floor with them. She's simply better and more experienced.

Yeah I don't see what's special about her, especially in the "she's so much better than ___" sense. Honestly I think the Joshi benefit from being Asian. Nothing i've seen from joshi in AEW suggests American women in general aren't on that level.

I'm a huge fan Io Shirai and for me Riho will be even better than her in the future.

Japanese wrestler overall are way faster, resistant and more precise in what they do in the ring.

If you go down the list of the American female wrestlers that are signed by AEW I just don't think they compare. It's probably due to her training when she was so young she is just simply better then them. She knows what she is doing in the ring, she is clean and smooth. A lot of them don't have her experience they are rough around the edges. More so I am comparing her to the wrestlers in AEW. Like others have said she is a 22 year old veteran. 22 but has done it for longer then all of them. It shows. She's amazing.
For me I don't think any of the women stand out, which is why the praise for Joshi is weird. The Joshi are just as botchy and clunky as the other women.

Okay, can you share any names that stick out in particular?
American women in general Sasha, Charlotte, Bayley, Tessa Blanchard off the top. In AEW for me none of the women have made me go " yeah she's the one"

By the way i'm not saying that the american wrestlers are bad, far from that.

The difference in the ring come from the fact that in Japan they don't really care about the look, the most important thing is how good you are in the ring.

In America the physique is more important than the in-ring abilities.

Discussion starter · #36 ·
For me I don't think any of the women stand out, which is why the praise for Joshi is weird. The Joshi are just as botchy and clunky as the other women.

American women in general Sasha, Charlotte, Bayley, Tessa Blanchard off the top. In AEW for me none of the women have made me go " yeah she's the one"
Do you even watch wrestling bro that's not true.

Reactions: MrThortan

In this case I'm just asking about AEW ladies. How about Awesome Kong? Bea Priestley?

Out of all the women's wrestlers I've seen in AEW where I didn't have prior experience to them, Riho is the one that's impressed the most. She's quick, she's sudden, she can sell well, etc. She reminds me a lot of Kairi Sane.

I think the only downfall of her right now is that with her size the stories are limited on what you can tell with her. She'll always be the underdog. With someone like Kairi at least, she has enough size and muscle on her where she can switch it up in matches.

Bea/Britt for the title would've been better choice tbh. I dont get whats so special about the Joshi wrestlers either. You cant make Asuka/Io Shirai out of everyone... also I doubt they can speak any basic english which for a promotion on TNT might be kinda important, no?

By the way i'm not saying that the american wrestlers are bad, far from that.

The difference in the ring come from the fact that in Japan they don't really care about the look, the most important thing is how good you are in the ring.

In America the physique is more important than the in-ring abilities.
It's hard to tell then because Joshi i've seen exhibit the same flaws non-Joshi get flack for.

Do you even watch wrestling bro that's not true.
Do you? Every Riho match i've seen has either had a clear botch (her and Yuka in the triple threat) or just clunky shit. Doesn't mean they're awful but being a step above I don't see it.

In this case I'm just asking about AEW ladies. How about Awesome Kong? Bea Priestley?
Kong prime easy yes. Kong now biasedly i'd take her because I know she's lost a step. Bea, Allie,Leva all them give me the same "this is meh" feeling as the Joshi. Honestly the only standout moment AEW women wise was Nyla's knee drop. Everything else was just there.

21 - 40 of 92 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.