Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
4,722 Posts
Looks like WWE will need to bring someone up from NXT to fill out the "black guys that get beat up by the Hurt Business and/or Retribution" roster.

·
Registered
25,539 Posts
If his deal is up this year, I'd be amazed if he doesn't leave. I mean he had a good run in NXT and even a solid first year on the main roster. But then Lesnar squashed him and that's been it. He's been a job guy every since.

And unless he just gets lucky I don't see that changing.

Folks in AEW have spoken highly of him haven't they?
Jericho had him in a Top 5 list of guys he'd bring into AEW, along with Roman and others.

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
2,559 Posts
Fantastic. After 2020, it’s about time something good happens. If I never see Flipochet again it’ll be too soon.

·
Angry at refs
4,227 Posts
I like him in WWE because it means that I don't need to see this talentless hack on my screen. I'll be sad if he goes to NJPW or AEW and I'm forced to watch him.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Waste of a great talent. He should have been current day Jeff Hardy, getting over doing death defying spots. But he became a giant wannabe superhero geek. Him and Aliester Black got screwed on the main roster.
I think the reason he never got as over as Jeff is because since 1999 we've seen many high fliers in WWE who were on the same level as him. When Jeff first got over WWE had never had a high flier as talented as him. Since then there has been RVD, Rey Mysterio, John Morrison, Ali, Nevel (sp?), plus a bunch of guys in AEW a lot of WWE fans have probably seen before.

·
rasslin
5,552 Posts
Not a big loss.

Unlike guys who have historically been weaker on the mic when they started off like Mysterio, Hardy and even Darby Allin today. Ricochet just has nothing about him that screams star. His mic work is also some of the worst I’ve ever seen. His voice cracks and he comes off as whiny. He may have worked as a guy with a manager if he never spoke but it’s too late for that.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Not convinced. He is in a tv angle and advertised for the Sony/India show. Doesn't seem like something WWE would do for a wrestler that could walk away a week later into AEW or elsewhere.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Isn't this just a follow up on the report from September last year saying his contract was expiring early this year? At that time Ricochet posted the Wolf of Wall Street 'Im not leaving' gif so I guess the only thing to do is wait and see.

Daniel Bryan and Edge have both mentioned in interviews how they want a match with Ricochet before they retire. I could see them going to management and trying to get them to improve their offer to keep Ricochet around. There was a rumor Bryan helped Drew Gulak get a new contract as well.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts