Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
A lot of the stuff he does in-ring is pretty interesting. They're going to market him and his superhero thing to kids obviously. I will admit though that he is pretty bad on the mic.

·
seth will never be cool!
992 Posts
Being boring seems to be a prerequisite for being universal champion. He is definitely qualified for that.

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
His not getting pushed hard. His a regular feature which he should be because his popular and can wake up a crowd. Though the tag match didn't but that's not on him.

And what the fuck was with the he doesn't fight like people do in real life comment? Fuck that's such a stupid comment. Are you trying to replace deathvalley/mra22 for the position of poster who makes asinine, unintelligible statements?

Really you just made this thread cause Corbin got pinned by him

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well he is being pushed as a larger version of Rey Mysterio....although hes not that much larger. Miz is a legit 6 footer weak 6 1 maybe and he towered over that wet cat in height and size. Used to think he might be 5'11 ....but no Ricochet is 5'8 maybe. Cant stand the guy. It's like hes trying to be the kid that plays spiderman in spider man multiverse (excellent movie). He looks like such a wussy compared to the roster. Bland. Boring. Uninspiring. Terrible ring name. Terrible on mic. No charisma. Tired of Cole verbally sucking his dick on air. Tired of Heyman doing it backstage. Ricochet can fuck off. Get him off our tvs.

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
His matches are so unrealistic. It's like watching some nerdy gymnast or something. Nobody fights like that in real life.
Please watch ONE UFC card for your own sake. 241 was this past Saturday and there was some pretty good fights. You'll be shocked and amazed by "real" combat.

·
Banned
11,533 Posts
Ricochet is everything wrong with modern wrestling. He's a spot monkey with zero mic skills who appeals to children and geeks. Wrestling has always had things that make no sense, but go watch that Ospreay/Ricochet match that smarks cum their pants over. It's a fucking gymnastics competition mixed with dudes pretending to be ninjas.

His mega push hasn't begun yet, but I would put any amount of money on the table that it is incoming within the next year or two. I'll be shocked if he isn't champion by Mania 2021.

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts
Ricochet is everything wrong with modern wrestling. He's a spot monkey with zero mic skills who appeals to children and geeks. Wrestling has always had things that make no sense, but go watch that Ospreay/Ricochet match that smarks cum their pants over. It's a fucking gymnastics competition mixed with dudes pretending to be ninjas.

His mega push hasn't begun yet, but I would put any amount of money on the table that it is incoming within the next year or two. I'll be shocked if he isn't champion by Mania 2021.
I wouldn't put any money on it. Vince has never pushed a spot monkey to the top. Yes, he's pushed high flyers before, like AJ Styles, but he wouldn't have pushed TNA AJ Styles. He's never pushed an outright, balls to the wall, spot monkey like Jack Evans where everything is choreographed and looks like a dance routine. It's never happened. Then you consider the fact that he's incredibly small, and black, and I highly doubt he's ever making it out of the midcard as long as Vince is alive, unless on a fluke he gets as over as Kofi and I don't think that's gonna happen, because he doesn't have a fanbase like New Day where every other kid in the building is wearing his tacky merch.

People have taken that report about Heyman being high on Ricochet and drawn out some of the craziest conclusions with it. He's getting the most 50/50, midcard, nothing happening push you've ever seen, he loses more often than he wins, and people think he's going to be world champion just because some guy who isn't running the show is high on him? It's much ado about nothing, and then you consider the fact of how easily bored Vince gets of people. He's already forgot about Lacey Evans. She went from "a mainstream crossover star, the next Roman Reigns" to getting less tv time than Asuka and Kairi Sane. Unless you're Brock, Rollins, Charlotte or Reigns, you are NOT SAFE. It's that simple.

It really says something about the lack of trust people have in this company that everyone is convinced that Vince hates Daniel Bryan despite him main eventing WrestleMania, winning the world title umpteen times and is currently in the biggest program on SmackDown with Roman Reigns, but everybody thinks he's so gung ho on some random midcard geek who's never done a fucking thing. :lol

·
Banned
11,533 Posts
I wouldn't put any money on it. Vince has never pushed a spot monkey to the top. Yes, he's pushed high flyers before, like AJ Styles, but he wouldn't have pushed TNA AJ Styles. He's never pushed an outright, balls to the wall, spot monkey like Jack Evans where everything is choreographed and looks like a dance routine. It's never happened. Then you consider the fact that he's incredibly small, and black, and I highly doubt he's ever making it out of the midcard as long as Vince is alive, unless on a fluke he gets as over as Kofi and I don't think that's gonna happen, because he doesn't have a fanbase like New Day where every other kid in the building is wearing his tacky merch.

People have taken that report about Heyman being high on Ricochet and drawn out some of the craziest conclusions with it. He's getting the most 50/50, midcard, nothing happening push you've ever seen, he loses more often than he wins, and people think he's going to be world champion just because some guy who isn't running the show is high on him? It's much ado about nothing, and then you consider the fact of how easily bored Vince gets of people. He's already forgot about Lacey Evans. She went from "a mainstream crossover star, the next Roman Reigns" to getting less tv time than Asuka and Kairi Sane. Unless you're Brock, Rollins, Charlotte or Reigns, you are NOT SAFE. It's that simple.

It really says something about the lack of trust people have in this company that everyone is convinced that Vince hates Daniel Bryan despite him main eventing WrestleMania, winning the world title umpteen times and is currently in the biggest program on SmackDown with Roman Reigns, but everybody thinks he's so gung ho on some random midcard geek who's never done a fucking thing. :lol
I mean I hope you're right. I didn't even know Heyman was high on him until recently.

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts
I mean I hope you're right. I didn't even know Heyman was high on him until recently.
Who cares, though? Heyman's not running the show, it's VINCE. Look at how many people Triple H is high on, and they're all fucked, and Triple H is way higher on the totem than Heyman. Heyman is a fall guy for Vince to demote when the ratings get bad enough so he can claim to the investors that he's taking "proactive measures" to making Raw better, the same goes for Bischoff with SmackDown. The only guys you could argue from that list (Triple H's NXT guys) that aren't fucked right now are Bray and Owens, but they've been fucked for most of their career and they'll probably be fucked for most of their career going forward, and they're not even main eventing at that.

Look, I know Vince hates charisma and he hates guys who can talk, but it's gonna take a lot for me to believe he's behind Ricochet as world champion. Vince does not like short guys, black guys or spot monkeys and Ricochet is all three. Maybe he'll get like a 3 week title reign like Jeff Hardy, but even Jeff Hardy had to be basically the most over guy in the company for a decade to get that. There isn't gonna be some sustained effort to get Ricochet over, and a short title reign would be bad enough, but I don't even see that.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I’m definitely not a fan of his, but he has a place on the card. He’s popular, probably mainly with kids, but still popular. He does some pretty impressive things, but he is tiny and has negative skills on the mic.

Keep him in the midcard scene and in a tag team, and he’s fine. If we’re going to push someone with 0 mic skills, let’s get behind someone like Cesaro. At least he looks legit.

1 - 20 of 174 Posts