Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
I'm baaacccckkkk
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WWE Hall of Famer Ricky Steamboat suffered a brain aneurysm Wednesday night and is currently being hospitalized, according to a report on wrestlingobserver.com. His prognosis is good to excellent.

WWE had announced on its website earlier today that Steamboat, 57, went to the hospital Wednesday night after experiencing pain in his neck and shoulder, but there was no mention of a brain aneurysm.

Steamboat was taken from the ring on a stretcher after taking part in an injury angle on Raw Monday night, but according to WWE, “his condition is most likely not related to his performance on Monday night.”

Source: Baltimore Sun (http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/wrestling/blog/2010/07/report_ricky_steamboat_hospitalized_with_brain_aneurysm.html)

·
I'm baaacccckkkk
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Please keep my dad in your thoughts & prayers. The issues are worse than expected but he could be worse. God will help him through it!!!
6 minutes ago via web

Latest tweet by his son Richie, looks like it may be worse than it was last night/today... Hopefully he recovers soon!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Great. Now we're going to get a bunch of misinformed people blaming the NXT angle. It's not like Steamboat has not been wrestling the past several years.

Good luck to Steamboat. Bleeding from the brain is quite terrifying.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,025 Posts
Damn, that's terrible news. Hope he recovers.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
9,500 Posts
Great. Now we're going to get a bunch of misinformed people blaming the NXT angle. It's not like Steamboat has not been wrestling the past several years.

Good luck to Steamboat. Bleeding from the brain is quite terrifying.
Nobody's actually seriously blaming it...

But indeed, a terrible situation to which I hope he recovers fully.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
bloody NXT do they have no shame :cuss:

Oa serious note, I had he's okay. He seems like a geniuine nice guy whenever on tv and spoken about.

·
Premium Member
16,993 Posts
Damn, that sucks to hear, especially considring that this happened the day after they released a DVD on his career.

I hope he is able to recover from this.

·
Banned
3,750 Posts
This is horrible. I hope the guy turns out okay. It has to be down to his involvement in Raw, although obviously it's not WWE's fault or anything like that.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts