Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been watching a lot of Rude here lately, his match with steamboat at Superbrawl 92 was amazing. He got some much heat it was unreal. Anybody else a mark for the ravishing one?

·
Custom User Title
15,224 Posts
Rude was great, and 1992 Rude in particular really had everything down about what a pro wrestling heel should be. 30 minute Iron Man vs. Ricky Steamboat at Beach Blast is one of the greatest matches I've ever seen take place in the USA.

·
Keeping the red flag flying high
2,046 Posts
Rude was an excellent performer who knew how to push the crowds buttons correctly and as you said could draw a tonne of heat, he's up there with the likes of Dibiase/Perfect/Piper/Roberts as true greats who should have had at least one world title reign but never did.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
One of the best to never hold the WWE title.

He had the in-ring ability and 'the look'

·
Registered
491 Posts
Rude was one of the most underrated performers in history who should have won a world title in the WWF, not just the IC.

Great in-ring, on the stick, heat magnet.

"What i'd like to have right now, is for all you fat, out of shape, (insert city), (insert derogatory term), to keep the noise down, while I take my robe off, and show you what a real man looks like. Hit the music."

You could tell he was something special back in his World Class days with Pringle.

The Smooth Operator.

·
Banned
12,539 Posts
Rude is my all time favorite wrestler. Putting the face of another man's wife on the crotch of your tights? Only Rick Rude, gold!

One of the greatest them tunes of all time too in my opinion, I also loved it when he came out to Smooth Operator, suited him down to a tee.

"I feel good and I look even better. I make a burlap sack look like a cashmere sweater."

THAT. IS. HEAT.

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
Tell you what, I wish we had someone half as talented and charismatic as Rick Rude in WWE right now.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Too bad Rude was injured and Vader was out of WCW in '96. Flair & Arn vs Rude & Vader & Outsiders would had been a dream match as far as triple threat tag matches are concerned.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Rude is my all time favorite wrestler. Putting the face of another man's wife on the crotch of your tights? Only Rick Rude, gold!

One of the greatest them tunes of all time too in my opinion, I also loved it when he came out to Smooth Operator, suited him down to a tee.

"I feel good and I look even better. I make a burlap sack look like a cashmere sweater."

THAT. IS. HEAT.
Rick Rude is undoubtedly one of the greatest heels of all time, and that last video shows us why. That is unreal heat!!

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
It's a shame you don't see much Rick Rude talk in these waters, a seriously underrated performer, knew how to piss you off and was excellent in the ring. Rude should have been given a chance with the WWF Championship, much like the other guys who never got it; DiBiase, Piper, Jake Roberts etc. It really is a crime that him and those greats never got a chance with the WWF Championship. Hell, he even managed to get a half decent match out of The Ultimate Warrior, and that was fucking rare. He needs to be in the Hall of Fame for sure, deserves it even if he did piss Vince off by jumping ship to WCW.

·
Banned
104 Posts
It's a shame you don't see much Rick Rude talk in these waters, a seriously underrated performer, knew how to piss you off and was excellent in the ring. Rude should have been given a chance with the WWF Championship, much like the other guys who never got it; DiBiase, Piper, Jake Roberts etc. It really is a crime that him and those greats never got a chance with the WWF Championship. Hell, he even managed to get a half decent match out of The Ultimate Warrior, and that was fucking rare. He needs to be in the Hall of Fame for sure, deserves it even if he did piss Vince off by jumping ship to WCW.
And gave the fucker a Ganso Bomb. :)

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Rude was great thought the WWE would try
and redo the character with get ready....
Jomo instead of the we got us another HBk
If done right Jomo would be Champ by now.

·
Banned
12,539 Posts
One of my favourite superstars of all time, Ravishing Rick Rude died 12 years ago today. In my opinion the greatest heel of all time and one of the best superstars never to win the big one.

What id like to have right now is for all you fat, greasy, non-lifting, *insert town* sweat hogs to keep the noise down while I take off my robe and show you what a real sexy man is supposed to look like.

Time really has flown by, I still remember hearing about his death and being totally stunned.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.