Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
his matches and feud with Harris - Sandow- Cesaro and his 15+ matches made him one of the best performer on the fcw roster (and still he is young enough to be better )
he also got the look vince and wwe like and i won't be surprise if they are looking to him as a contender to become the future baby face of the company
the only problem and it is a huge one actually is his poor mic work and the fact he isn't charismatic enough to get over with wwe fans but again who on today roster (out of three or four) has the charisma anymore
anyway he still 24 so maybe they can work on his personality and mic skills before calling him up or maybe pairing him with a manager(it seems they are bringing the manager roles back)? or they can bring him on tv as a part of a stable like what they did with orton (who also had the same problem)

imo this guy has a lot of talents and a natural baby face look but unforunately when it comes to personality and mic skill it is the real problem!

·
Banned
12,539 Posts
I really like him, he reminds me so much of his dad it's scary and believe me I was a MASSIVE fan of his dad, one of my favourites of all time, one of the greatest of all time if you ask me.

I hope he is a future top star, especially one to have a good lengthy reign with the Intercontinental title, the nostalgia running wild would be immense for all of those who remember his fathers IC title reign.

·
Registered
954 Posts
He has the passion, that is for sure. And there is just something naturally likeable about him. He has that 2nd (or is it 3rd?) generation thing Orton and Cody Rhodes have of just effortlessly understanding the business and what goes on in the ring.

What he is lacking is, as you say, charisma, a character. That magic x factor that makes a promising young talent into a star. He is young, and this is the sort of thing that you can pick up, or (according to CM Punk himself) one day just clicks and everything changes. Here's hoping.

·
Banned
690 Posts
Top star? Hell no. I have seen nothing that makes me think he's going to be a top star. A midcard fixture? Sure. But not a top star. Richie is one hell of a worker, the apple sure as fuck didn't fall far from the tree in that regard but he has less charisma than I do. Which is a shame really because I do like the lad.

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts
He's a hell of a natural babyface. Just a little more seasoning and he could be very good and at the very least a great addition to the roster.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
I see him as a better star already(just based on fcw) than Rhodes was when Rhodes first debut, and look how far he came. So Steamboat will prob have a similar debut as Rhodes too(being introduced to the wwe universe by his dad)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I'm a big fan of the dude (as you could guess from my sig) and i think that he could go far in the WWE. I would rather he stay in FCW for as long as it takes for him to near-perfect every part of the formula he needs to be a success in the WWE. He is still quite young so there is no need to rush him before he is ready, but going by how he improves his game each time he is in the ring it may not take too long, though that statement is mainly his in-ring prowress and not his mic skills and charisma. But i feel confident that he will get it sorted out, especially with all the call up's lately meaning he will have more time to shine and more opportunity to enrich the thing he needs work on.

Now for how far i see him getting.... In the future i see him being at the level of Ziggler in all honesty. Great in the ring and used to make others look like a million dollars but not quite the main event/top guy in the company. Though i would say the difference that would be between their positions is that given who Ritchie's father is i doubt we would see Ritchie recieve the booking shenanigan's Ziggler has had and all the stop-start pushes, the WWE value the generation stars more.

·
Registered
249 Posts
He has potential as a babyface, however he has to improve his mic skills and character. But the future is bright for Steamboat jr.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Of course he can. Annybody can be a top star. People act like guys are supposed to be superstars out the gate, word to Blue Chipper Maivia.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
As others have said, a lengthy run with the IC title would be great - I wouldn't be surprised if he gets it seeing as it's been reverted to the near-same plating.

I've seen only a few of his matches but he seems pretty good in the ring in just about every aspect. Full in-ring package. Not too sure on promos or anything mic related though.

He'd have instant charisma with anyone over the age of 18 imo because he's Ricky's son.

As for a "future wwe top star"?

2 factors:

1. His father never was top, which was disappointing in itself because he was great.

BUT...

2. His father works for WWE in backstage positions, so don't count it out.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
He has the look to become a good babyface. He's also good in the ring, but his mic skills are very poor. But that diddn't stop people like Jeff Hardy to become a big star. And it helps that his father works behind the scenes as well.

·
Banned
690 Posts
He has the look to become a good babyface. He's also good in the ring, but his mic skills are very poor. But that diddn't stop people like Jeff Hardy to become a big star. And it helps that his father works behind the scenes as well.
Not any more he doesn't. he's a trainer/agent in FCW now. Has been since he got out of hospital in '09.

·
Usertitle ist hier
11,699 Posts
Richie Steamboat is very good. Son of Ricky Steamboat, trained by Harley Race and George South, trained at the NOAH Dojo.

The guy's got a lot of skills and would be perfect if the Cruiserweight Title was still around. Still think he could find his niche though.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I hope he can do well in the WWE at the very least. I don't know about a top star, but he's got the ring skills and the Steamboat name behind him to get him to a midcard title.

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
He will certainly be a big star down the line. Steamboat will end up being the really good wrestler that doesn't offer as much on the mic. There have been plenty of those type of stars that can do it all in the ring, and make it to the top without really having the best mic skills. Stars like his father, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit, or even AJ Styles. None of those stars were great on the mic, and they were all respected, and successful men in their times. He is only 24, and with time I think his mic skills will drastically improve.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Depends on his mic skill, he has the look and ability to be on top. Its funny seeing him as a skinny boy in the opener of Pro Wrestling NOAH and now he's the FCW 15 Champion. Was shocked to see his physique now. Hopefully he will debut soon in the WWE.

I loved his FCW 15 trilogy of matches against Seth Rollins. If he were to debut, I'd like him to be clean shaven like his father.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I think he has a good future in WWE. He just needs more time in FCW, try and establish a personality, still needs work in the ring too. I can see him as an upper midcard type guy, maybe compete for the IC or Us Title.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I quite like his stuff, but I fail to connect with him, I think he could be a decent lower mid card guy though

1 - 20 of 21 Posts