Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, thats it, I've snapped. I'm sorry, I have. I am outraged at this man. For those of you who are un-aware, Vice President Dick Cheney, said the word "fuck" while on the Senate floor. Now, I would have no problem with this normally, but this comes just days after the FCC raised the minimum fine ten-fold from $27,500 to $275,000. Furthermore, the Bush Administration has been hell-bent on "cleaning up America" or whatever they choose to call it. Now, this gets better. Not only would Cheney not appologize for the outburst, but actually claimed he had a right to do it. I, personally, demand that Mr. Cheney pay $275,000 dollars to the FCC. I'm sorry, but this is far part the hypocritical line. Your thoughts?

·
Jerichoholic
3,091 Posts
^^lmao

I have to agree. What he did is not acceptable. We all get passionate about things but there is a time and a place for that sort of language.

·
The Old Man
2,046 Posts
The Whole F'n Show said:
I guess old people cant control more than just their bowels. :)
Hey! :(

Cowie is correct, people in the public eye have a responsibility to set an example, even if only for the Christians & children, so it really isn't fucking acceptable... :lmao

sorry, someone had to do it...& ignoring my joke, Cowie is still right.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Svv1nd13r said:
Hey! :(

Cowie is correct, people in the public eye have a responsibility to set an example, even if only for the Christians & children, so it really isn't fucking acceptable... :lmao

sorry, someone had to do it...& ignoring my joke, Cowie is still right.
Yes, it was inevitable someone would do that joke....I guess that's why NItemare beat you to it several posts ago :p

·
The Old Man
2,046 Posts
Adam said:
Yes, it was inevitable someone would do that joke....I guess that's why NItemare beat you to it several posts ago :p
FUCK!!!

Everytime I screw up from (& including) my first ever post here at WE, Adam has been there to catch me out...lmao.

I read every post in a thread, & missed the fuck in Nitemares...self n00bed again. :(

Touche' Adam.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I dont really care, and y do you? he said a bad word and he goes home $275 000 poorer?

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Svv1nd13r said:
FUCK!!!

Everytime I screw up from (& including) my first ever post here at WE, Adam has been there to catch me out...lmao.

I read every post in a thread, & missed the fuck in Nitemares...self n00bed again. :(

Touche' Adam.
Sorry about that :( I'll have to start letting you off from time to time then :)

SweetChinMusic said:
he said a bad word and he goes home $275 000 poorer?
No he doesn't, and that's the reason GP is pissed off. The simple fact is he said it, he didn't apologise and isn't paying the fine, whereas if it was one of us (well not me anyway :)) we would have to pay....I'd imagine.

However, I could be wrong....

·
Registered
525 Posts
I'd never heard of such a law before... how is it enforced if Dick isn't gonna pay?

Those FCC people sound a bit strange. Are they militantly religious or anything?

·
Banned
3,331 Posts
I say fine his ass!...if anyone else would be fined for saying FUCK so should he.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As far as I know, there is no official law, and I'm not even aware if it was on C-Span, though I would imagine it would have been.

For the non-Americans, FCC is the Federal Communications Commission. They're a government company that decides what is decent for TV and Radio, and fines people/networks if something is found in appropriate. They came hugely into the spotlight, with the support of the Bush Adminstraion, after Janet Jackson exposed her breast at the Super Bowl halftime show in February. They're also recently famous for fining Clear Channel for Bubba The Love Sponge, resulting in him kicked off the radio. A similiar thing happened with Howard Stern, resulting in him getting kicked of of Clear Channel radio stations. A few days before Cheney's outburst, they raised the minumum fine for an inappropriate incident from $27,500 to $275,000. They also raised the maximum fine to $3,000,000 a day. Legally, I don't know of anything binding saying Dick Cheney should have to pay, but I find if the adminstration chooses to promote some kind of, in my own words, Christian-friendly, overly censored America, their second-in-command should atleast try to lead by example and not conduct themselves professionally in such a manner that is, by their own definition, inappropriate. If they were not so outlandish against "indecent" things on the TV and Radio, then I wouldn't care a whole lot about this. But, when they're shoving this squeaky clean version of what they think America should be, I think they have no right to do something like this and not even apologize.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts