Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing Ricardo do an amazing cross body from the top rope to Sheamus on last weeks Smackdown I think Ricardo should defintely get ring time and do matches. I have also seen what he can do in FCW so WWE should be giving him ring time his talent is being wasted as an announcer for Albert Del Rio. Ricardo is more over than Albert Del Rio and WWE really is missing the boat on Ricardo. Anyone agree???

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
He should wait till next year make and make his official debut in the rumble and win then lose the mania title match,then win MITB and fail to cash in successively,then win the king of the ring and to top it off win the wwe title at tlc!

·
Registered
46 Posts
As much as I like Rodriguez and his ability, he's only over because he's Del Rio's lackey. Us wrestling fans enjoy the novelty of cheering and obsessing over a light relief character like Ricardo who isn't really pushed to any major extent. Otunga was more over as Johnny Ace's assistant than he ever has been, because it's a second-rate comic relief character and there's something about the rebelliousness of it the fans can get behind. Like Rodriguez however, a legitimate push would expose the wrestlers as mediocre and ruin their popularity.

·
Banned
370 Posts
Ricardo was a high flyer on the California indies.

I've seen him do a Corkscrew Moonsault and Phoenix Splash like it was nothing.

People are always saying they should have him and Del Rio split.

Bring him in under his mask as Chimaera and feud with Del Rio

·
Banned
2,045 Posts
Kelly Kelly fan making a reasonable post. The apocalypse is getting closer and closer.

On a more serious note, I agree that he deserves a bigger role. I think he should become a face and still be with Del Rio. Then either ADR becomes face as well or Ricardo feuds briefly with him (and loses) but becomes a goofy high-flyer fan-favourite (complete with crappy car entrance).

·
Registered
963 Posts
Ricardo vs Del Rio Wrestlemania 29, book it. BTW Ricardo has much more charisma than Del Rio any day, he's only getting held back.

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
I personally would like to see Del Rio and Ricardo as a regular tag team. Ricardo could keep the announcer gimmick, but do it more in a Anderson kind of way, introducing himself, then bringing out Del Rio.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I lose it everytime I see him in the ring lol. I'd be for him getting more ring time, but mostly because it's a good laugh, just as long as they don't overdo it.

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
Since his return he lose a lot of overness, they should let him go in the ring when ADR was injured.That said I don't care much about crowd reaction in fact people should shut the fuck up and just watch how Ricardo out-boss anyone in the ring.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I agree 100% with the OP, when is the last time we seen this move in WWE; Mysterio, Sin Cara, Hunico (Sin Cara #2) peforms all the *safe* flashy moves.

... he made it look clean, technical, and easy. The last time I seen this smooth transition was in the WCW days of the Ultimo Dragon & Psychosis.

Regards,

-K-

·
Registered
694 Posts
The people saying Ricardo should get pushed higher than Del Rio are completely missing the point that what makes Ricardo entertaining/over is the role he's in right now. Hell you can put him in more matches, I'm ALL for that as he's a great comedy character but to have him break away from Del Rio and get a singles run? Preposterous. The guy is perfect with Del Rio. Not everyone needs a push, there's roles to be played.

·
Registered
75 Posts
After reading the above statement, I'd like to modify and clarify my vantage point.

I believe 100% R.R. is currently needed in the position he is in, and the current lack of cruiser-weights in the WWE only takes away from the need of him to be used as a wrestler.

I feel if the Cruiser Division was back in full force, R.R. would be a top pick to join the roster.

Sin Cara, Psychosis, Ultimo Dragon, 1-2-3 Kid, Taka, Tajiri, Rey, Jericho, Eddie etc... the level of talent + the availabilty of these types of superstars are far and few in the WWE currently.

-K-

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
After reading the above statement, I'd like to modify and clarify my vantage point.

I believe 100% R.R. is currently needed in the position he is in, and the current lack of cruiser-weights in the WWE only takes away from the need of him to be used as a wrestler.

I feel if the Cruiser Division was back in full force, R.R. would be a top pick to join the roster.

Sin Cara, Psychosis, Ultimo Dragon, 1-2-3 Kid, Taka, Tajiri, Rey, Jericho, Eddie etc... the level of talent + the availabilty of these types of superstars are far and few in the WWE currently.

-K-
It's simple simply give him a secret identity as a masked wrestler (Chimaera). So you gain a new cruiser-weight and you keep Ricardo Rodriguez. You can later reveal his identity during an awesome match between him and Del Rio. :cool2

1 - 20 of 55 Posts