Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only person that never liked Flair as a face? I really couldn't stand him at all, at least as a heel I could hate him.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
I have watched some of his matches of the 80's.I just don't like his style of wrestling.Can't get emotionally involved with his matches.From whatever I have seen,I preferred matches of Randy Savage over anybody else

I guess it's an unpopular opinion.

·
Likes wrestling....
8,222 Posts
I have watched some of his matches of the 80's.I just don't like his style of wrestling.Can't get emotionally involved with his matches.From whatever I have seen,I preferred matches of Randy Savage over anybody else

Because its a bad one :D:

I knew when I saw the words Ric Flair you would come on here and comment.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I actually prefer Flair as a face. It was impossible for me to root against Flair as a heel so I always cheered for him anyway. This way I could cheer for the guy I was supposed to cheer for. Loved his feud with Funk, the Vader match, his return to WCW from being fired, and his WWE 05-06 run when he channeled his inner Terry Funk by having crazy hardcore matches.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts

I personally think that Flair's matches have aged very well. Some disagree and I am able to understand why. Fans that started during the AE are just not conditioned to consisted 60 minute matches and expect a lot more high spots in matches. Flair was not a high flyer nor a power wrestler, nor did he have the technical abilities of someone like Bret, but he was the best in ring storyteller ever, IMO. As far as being emotionally involved and knew what it felt like to want to see Flair lose the belt so bad that you wanted to puke it's hard for me to describe.

Mods I just made a thread about Flair within the last week. If you agree I think the two should be merged.

·
Banned
2,236 Posts
I love Ric Flair in almost everything he does. Even when he is drunk he's awesome.
Absolutely. Face, Heel, Crazy Flair, Serious Flair, Hitting himself in the head Flair, elbow dropping his coat Flair.

One later career face flair moment I loved was his feud with HHH. "HHH! Do you think.... I'm afraid of you!?" *starts hitting himself.

Flair - King of Wrestling.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Either way he is the man. Not even sure if I would have watched wrestling if there was no Ric Flair.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts