Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Flair by a mile.

For Piper it was too much babbling on the mic about random stuff for me. Very convincing in the ring but he's no Flair.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Flair was much better. Better wrestler, better talker, more charismatic (he could do stupid shit like elbow drop a microphone and make it entertaining), etc.

I was never much of a fan of Piper's. His rambling and yelling on the mic was like nails on a chalkboard to me

·
Banned
884 Posts
Flair by far. I HATED watching Piper. I hated his promos, it was nothing but incessant babbling, random thoughts that didn't have a point
Yet you’re a Bray Wyatt fan? ? You just described his entire 2013 - 2018 act.

he wasn't funny, he wasn't entertaining, he was like a belligerent uncle that you have to shoe out the door 25 minutes into Christmas dinner.
You remind me of a terrible, try-hard stand-up comedian, making ‘observations’ that are too esoteric to be relatable yet too unoriginal to be funny, so you just end up looking like a twat.

60,001 Posts
Piper was far more entertaining to me. Flair was obviously better in the ring. Piper's punches were atrocious at best. Still Piper made me more emotionally invested in his matches. Liked Flair, Loved Piper. :piper1

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I love both of those guys but still its an easy pick for me. Flair all the way. I liked his matches more and no matter how crazy Piper could be Flair could be even crazier. some of the shit that he would say or do during promos was fucking awesome.

I know everybody always talks about Flairs promos in the 80s but some of his stuff in the late 90s in WCW is so underrated.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Flair and Piper were best of friends in real life and even Flair puts over Piper as the greatest heel. Flair says that Piper use to draw so much heel heat that even Flair couldn’t compete with him, that everything Piper did was must see TV.

I really enjoyed their feud for the US title. I’d watch Piper for the promos and Flair for the wrestling.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Piper for me. I prefer Piper's promos to Flair's. He could be rambling - and that was part his gimmick - but there was often a thread running through them. I believed crazy Piper more than crazy Flair, and that's saying something because Flair was great. I would also generally prefer to watch a Flair match than a Piper match.

Whilst they were both better as heels, I thought Piper was a better face than Flair. He could do the loveable rogue act very well.

Someone said they thought Piper's WCW run sucked. I thought he was a great fit in terms of backstory and he had some good promos. Unfortunately, he had some pretty poor moments too and physically he seemed shot to shit.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts