Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
TNA Believer
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TNA wrestler Ric Flair says he believes TNA is one year away from "taking the next step" as the promotion matures following the attempted Monday night experiment earlier this year.

Flair said in an interview with Brian Fritz of Fanhouse.com that he's not part of any internal discussions on future plans, as he prefers the role of simply being a talent on the TV show, but he maintains that Spike TV needs to help create awareness for the product.

"I'm actually not involved in that equation. Obviously, I hear conversations and people talking about it. But it's going to take a year or two and it takes effort from Spike as much as from the wrestlers. The biggest problem is one key word: it's called awareness," Flair said. "It's no fault of the promotion. It's no fault of lack of work or work ethic. It's just the budget is different there and they've got to earn their stripes as they go but they got marching orders and the guys are working hard. It's just a matter of time. I think it's a year away."

Also in the interview, Flair covered standard subjects such as getting Shawn Michaels's blessing before joining TNA at the start of the year and being "let loose" on the mic for TNA compared to being overly-scripted in WWE.

Flair also talked about Reid Flair's wrestling career being "on hold" and TNA's need for a developmental system to find new talent for the roster.

"He's just on hold right now," Flair said about Reid. "They're going to give him a developmental deal with TNA eventually. They just have to figure that out for themselves too because they've never had a developmental school or program before. I think that's fundamentally something that they have to do to start building their own talent from within."

pwtorch

Flair recognizes the need of better marketing. If tna can't get their name out there, it doesn't really matter how good the product is.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
He's right and I hope it's true that they are thinking about creating a development school. Thanks for posting.
This.

Them creating their own stars will be great from them, now hopefully they can stop taking Bubba & D-Von's students

1 - 3 of 3 Posts