Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If Ric Flair was allowed to wrestle 5 times a week, today. He never wanted to retire, he is just not willing to wrestle for peanuts.
Could he still be the PWI #1 wrestler in the world?
To me WCW failed because they did not fire Russo, and put the belt back on Flair, he had 10 more years easy.
Billy Kidman? Really?

He had a few matches in TNA, which were a bit sloopy. Flair needs to wrestle every day to put on 5 star matches.

·
Master Of the DDT
801 Posts
Christ no! It doesn't matter who it is, every athlete's body breaks down & can not perform at the elite level they once did. Ric Flair proved by the turn of the 21st century that he was past his prime. He had a handful of decent matches when he returned to the WWF, but overall, he was a shell of his former self. If Ric tried to wrestle today, he would only embarrass himself even further.

·
Administrator
59,291 Posts
Who in there right mind would think that Flair could still go at a high level in this day and age? His time as a performer was done in 04-05. After that it just got sad watching him in the ring because he couldn't do shit. And this is coming from a huge Flair fan.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I think everyone has noticed he does the same schtick in every match, from the chops, to the turn buckle punches, to the botched top rope move that turns into him being bodyslammed from the top rope, to the begging on his knees. It's been done. When WCW tried to do anything edgy with his character it was deemed "disrespectful" for no reason in particular. Today him coming out and doing the same moveset would look ridiculous. I can't believe it worked for him as long as it did.

·
Banned
8,266 Posts
I think he could wrestle a full time schedule and even have a nice nostalgia title run if he took 6 months to get in shape.

Number 1 guy in the world though? No, He's much too old. Regularly wrestling in a big time company? Yes.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
About 3-4 year sago there was a rumor of him winning the nwa title one more time and I was all for him having a brief run with it feuding with guys like Adam Pearce. But now ? No. I mean I wouldnt mind him challanging for the title just to get the nwa some attention but it better be a one off thing.

·
Aggressively White
6,292 Posts
If you saw the hideous match he had with Jay Lethal, 2 years ago, it would be obvious he doesn't have a hope in Hell of having a decent match. Lethal's a decent talent too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts