Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-Former WWE NXT Women's Champion Rhea Ripley will not be appearing on NXT TV in the near future as she will not be on hand for this week's scheduled TV Tapings. Ripley returned to Australia yesterday as her work visa has expired and she has returned home to Australia as part of the process to get the visa renewed. Given the current state of the world, there is no known timetable for her return, but she given the different quarantines involved with international travel in each country, there is no real way for her to return in time for this week's scheduled NXT tapings in Florida, which will cover multiple episodes of the USA Network series. It's quite possible that the timing of the visa is what led to Charlotte Flair winning the NXT title at Wrestlemania.

Speaking of which, to answer the many questions we have gotten about who Produced the match, we are told that former NWA Champion Adam Pearce was the Producer of what was the best in-ring encounter at Wrestlemania, putting it together with Flair and Ripley.

Credit: PWInsider Elite

I guess this may explain why they had Rhea drop the title to Charlotte at WrestleMania.

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
That sucks, hopefully she can get it worked out as quickly as possible.

This would be a great time to finally pull the trigger on Io.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Damn I hope she gets that shit straighten out in my opinion that's a BIG loss for the NXT Women's division but we still have a lot of women that can break out and prove themselves I mean look at Shotzi Blackheart?! I hope she gets a BIG push going forward after her performance in the Women's Gauntlet Match.

·
Southern Pride
3,196 Posts
I don't even know how the visa thing works, so i'm not going to question anything.

This could be good for Ripley though. That way when she does return it will be pretty big. Luckily NXT has a strong Womens Division to cover for her absence.

I want Charlotte to have a reign that lasts longer than a month, y'all (or even a few weeks). So Io Shirai can eventually beat her for the Championship but not too soon please.

·
Registered
23,382 Posts
I won't go out on a limb and say this is the reason Rhea lost. That might have been the plan all along.

But either way, with everything going on right now, it doesn't sound like this is a situation that will be sorted out soon, which sucks.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Sounds made-up excuses, seriously,I have been work on overseas,and before my Visa get expired and I still have contract with the company, I would prepare to extend my Visa before it get expire. Rhea should know about this unless she maybe want dual citizenship.

·
Registered
11,574 Posts
Sounds made-up excuses, seriously,I have been work on overseas,and before my Visa get expired and I still have contract with the company, I would prepare to extend my Visa before it get expire. Rhea should know about this unless she maybe want dual citizenship.
Us working visa can be pain

Others have had that issue Drew McIntyre and Wade Barrett's work visas expire, both are "sidelined indefinitely"

Getting back to US with all the current happenings is going to be tough for Ripley. Probably gone for few months

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,688 Posts
To get around this issue

You have to Marry someone from the States
She did. Maybe she thought she would get her green card before her work visa expired.

Hopefully she's back by Summer Slam, there's no telling though with the quarantines and the US being so far behind the curve.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts