Wrestling Forum banner

Rhea Ripley vs. Shayna Baszler (NXT Women's Championship)

2488 Views 40 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  Dolorian

It's official y'all. They're doing the match on a regular episode of NXT. Should this be Rhea's crowning moment, or should it be on a Takeover/PPV?

I say they should just do it now. Everyone is sick of Baszler's boring reign, and if the rumors are true about them wanting her on the main roster for Becky, then they can get started on that feud during the Rumble and RTWM.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
2,254 Posts

It's official y'all. They're doing the match on a regular episode of NXT. Should this be Rhea's crowning moment, or should it be on a Takeover/PPV?

I say they should just do it now. Everyone is sick of Baszler's boring reign, and if the rumors are true about them wanting her on the main roster for Becky, then they can get started on that feud during the Rumble and RTWM.
Yeah, if they have Shayna drop it here, then they have plenty of time for Shayna to debut on Raw/Smackdown, build her up to win the Royal Rumble and feud with Becky on the RTWM. Plus, if Rhea wins the title, then they'll probably do a champion vs champion match at "World's Collide" for Royal Rumble weekend with Rhea Ripley vs Kay Lee Ray.

· Bow Down to The Queens
🕷️ MAFIA BELLA 👸🏼
44,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, if they have Shayna drop it here, then they have plenty of time for Shayna to debut on Raw/Smackdown, build her up to win the Royal Rumble and feud with Becky on the RTWM. Plus, if Rhea wins the title, then they'll probably do a champion vs champion match at "World's Collide" for Royal Rumble weekend with Rhea Ripley vs Kay Lee Ray.
Great point about WWC. I didn't even consider that. Rhea is definitely who they want to showcase if they want us to care about that match.

· Standing with The Man
8,223 Posts
They surely must be pulling the trigger on Ripley here, Takeover is too far away to stretch out a title feud and they can't have Rhea lose the first title match. I think we're gonna see a new champion in 2 weeks, kinda disappointed it's going to be a TV match but as long as Rhea win's I don't care too much

· Premium Member
35,189 Posts
They absolutely should have Rhea win the title here. Holding off on Rhea winning it until February would risk cooling her of and honestly would do the division no favors. It is time for Shayna to drop the title and leave the division (if the rumors about her call up are true). with Shayna out of the picture and Rhea leading the charge alongside Io, Bianca as well as Tegan, Dakota and Candice the division is set to raise to new heights.

· Bow Down to The Queens
🕷️ MAFIA BELLA 👸🏼
44,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They absolutely should have Rhea win the title here. Holding off on Rhea winning it until February would risk cooling her of and honestly would do the division no favors. It is time for Shayna to drop the title and leave the division (if the rumors about her call up are true). with Shayna out of the picture and Rhea leading the charge alongside Io, Bianca as well as Tegan, Dakota and Candice the division is set to raise to new heights.
Agreed. Just crown her now and take advantage of the hot streak. Everybody knows what time it is. No need to drag it out unless they have big plans for her at the Rumble.

· FOTC
12,782 Posts
The time is now. If they really want to establish themselves on Wednesday night's they need to have a big title change. Right now, Rhea winning the title will have more of an impact if it happened on cable television rather than on the WWE Network. They could also do a DQ finish and save the big moment in a rematch on the New Year's episode of NXT.

· Premium Member
35,189 Posts
Agreed. Just crown her now and take advantage of the hot streak. Everybody knows what time it is. No need to drag it out unless they have big plans for her at the Rumble.
Definitely, it is the right time for her to win the title and she is of course the ideal person to take it from Shayna. I am not sure if I'd like her winning the Rumble in order to jump to the main roster right away without even winning the NXT title. I think it would be better if she wins the NXT title and has a good run with it and then maybe we can talk about there winning the 2021 Rumble or if not debuting on the main roster late next year.

· Bow Down to The Queens
🕷️ MAFIA BELLA 👸🏼
44,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Definitely, it is the right time for her to win the title and she is of course the ideal person to take it from Shayna. I am not sure if I'd like her winning the Rumble in order to jump to the main roster right away without even winning the NXT title. I think it would be better if she wins the NXT title and has a good run with it and then maybe we can talk about there winning the 2021 Rumble or if not debuting on the main roster late next year.
That's the ideal scenario. I think the NXT Women's Division should be built around Rhea and she shouldn't leave until they have their next obvious breakout star.

· Premium Member
35,189 Posts
That's the ideal scenario. I think the NXT Women's Division should be built around Rhea and she shouldn't leave until they have their next obvious breakout star.
Indeed, let's hope that's what they decide to do and don't drag things to delay giving her title nor rush her to the main roster.

· THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
11,960 Posts
Makes all the sense for Rhea to win, they have the worlds collide tourney coming up where'd they probably want to display Rhea over Shayna. Plus Cole is most likely defending against Lee in which he'll retain, so I'd think they'd want to have one title change on the show.

· Premium Member
35,189 Posts
If Rhea doesn't win the title then I'm giving up on the division
Yeah, my fear is that they decide to not have her win it for the sake of getting "heat" which is something WWE is rather obsessed with. They constantly miss the right moments to pull the trigger on someone because of this and them always wanting to saddle every babyface with an overcoming the odds underdog story (Reigns not winning at Mania 34 comes to mind). Rhea is not someone who you do an underdog story with. It really doesn't suits her as she is not that type of wrestler. She needs to come in, kick ass and beat Shayna decisively to win the title. Boom.

· Bow Down to The Queens
🕷️ MAFIA BELLA 👸🏼
44,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Yeah, my fear is that they decide to not have her win it for the sake of getting "heat" which is something WWE is rather obsessed with. They constantly miss the right moments to pull the trigger on someone because of this and them always wanting to saddle every babyface with an overcoming the odds underdog story (Reigns not winning at Mania 34 comes to mind). Rhea is not someone who you do an underdog story with. It really doesn't suits her as she is not that type of wrestler. She needs to come in, kick ass and beat Shayna decisively to win the title. Boom.
Yep. The start and stop pushes are absolute garbage and do no one any favors. It just confuses the audience. Look at 2013 Ryback, 2014 Cesaro, 2014 Roman, 2014 Wyatt, and Braun Strowman in general. It destroyed the momentum of the hottest acts in the company and some people just aren't able to recover from that kind of downfall. Don't ruin Rhea after Trish Stratus woke up at 6 am to tell the world she's the future on WWE's morning show, The Bump.

· Premium Member
35,189 Posts
Yep. The start and stop pushes are absolute garbage and do no one any favors. It just confuses the audience. Look at 2013 Ryback, 2014 Roman, 2014 Wyatt, and Braun Strowman in general. It destroyed the momentum of the hottest acts in the company and some people just aren't able to recover from that kind of downfall. Don't ruin Rhea after Trish Stratus woke up at 6 am to tell the world she's the future on WWE's morning show, The Bump.
For sure, WWE loves taking fan investment in the talents for granted and they think they can just cool off and reheat anyone as if they were microwave ready food. Like you said let's hope they don't drop the ball with Rhea and do what, as the saying goes, is "best for business".

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.