Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think Rey will face Alberto at Wrestle Mania. It does make sense because of their long rivalry. The only problem is they both suck on the mic. However, people love Rey's style(I hate it). I also don't see Edge's and Alberto's style working well together in the ring. Alberto has proven he can beat Rey. However, he has not proven that in a title match. The WWE is also going to reunite Edge and Orton. We saw Monday how Orton needed help. Edge will reunite with Orton soon.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
No way. It's a good idea with the Mexican demographic but they already played their feud out to death. If you have been watching smackdown lately which you should you'd obviously see it's probably going to be Cody Rhodes vs. Rey Mysterio at Wrestlemania. Del Rio's opponent is unclear but I doubt Rey Mysterio will win the Elimination Chamber match. Maybe by Wrestlemania 28 they'll meet again.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
HELL NO Del Rio is over enough without Super Rey cramping his style any further

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No way. It's a good idea with the Mexican demographic but they already played their feud out to death. If you have been watching smackdown lately which you should you'd obviously see it's probably going to be Cody Rhodes vs. Rey Mysterio at Wrestlemania. Del Rio's opponent is unclear but I doubt Rey Mysterio will win the Elimination Chamber match. Maybe by Wrestlemania 28 they'll meet again.
If it isn't Rey then his opponent must be Edge. The four contenders are not Wresle Mania, main event worthy. I don't want Edge to face this JBL rip off.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I know the last few years have broken the tradition, but didn't WrestleMania use to always showcase matches that we hadn't seen before in the main event? Obviously we've seen Del Rio vs Rey before. Edge v Alberto is fresh and fits the old tradition we use to have.

Also regarding op, I've said it before but asking for red rep in you signature ruins your credibility.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
This feud will have backstory but the problem is, their rivalry is already stale, and we've seen them fighting each other plenty of times before and i believe their feud ended in that Two out of Three Falls match. ADR is gonna feud with Edge, they already had a confrontation on Raw and it think they will just continue from there, not to mention that this will be a fresher match-up than Rey/ADR.

·
Really?
184 Posts
Hell no, we've seen enough from this feud already, and having Edge drop the title after just 2 months? The guy never has a decent run with the championship so I hope he at least holds on to it until WrestleMania.

Rey has apparently hand picked "Dashing" Cody Rhodes as his Mania opponent and it looks to be set up that way now so Cody can get his dashing revenge, so I still expect Rey/Cody and Edge/Del Rio to go ahead at WrestleMania. Although, whilst deep down I know it won't happen, I would be delighted if Christian gets thrown into the match aswell to make it a triple threat. It just seems like the match needs it, Del Rio vs Edge 1 on 1, will it really sell? I'm not so sure, triple threat will make it more interesting, especially given Edge and Christian's history.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Mexican JBL vs. Mexican El Santo.. what a bunch of rip offs. terrible mainevent [/sarcasm]

Personally I think WrestleMania should be for fresh never before seen matchs or a match that hasn't been seen in years. There are some exceptions and I don't doubt that it could be an awesome match. I don't think the feud is hot enough though. It could sell a lot of PPVs though probably since Rey Mysterio is popular as fuck, probably more popular than Edge. I think the money is in Mysterio chasing the title though personally.

·
Banned
417 Posts
I think Rey will face Alberto at Wrestle Mania. It does make sense because of their long rivalry. The only problem is they both suck on the mic. However, people love Rey's style(I hate it). I also don't see Edge's and Alberto's style working well together in the ring. Alberto has proven he can beat Rey. However, he has not proven that in a title match. The WWE is also going to reunite Edge and Orton. We saw Monday how Orton needed help. Edge will reunite with Orton soon.
Alberto is awesome on the mic. But you already know that.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
If it isn't Rey then his opponent must be Edge. The four contenders are not Wresle Mania, main event worthy. I don't want Edge to face this JBL rip off.
It's not really gonna matter because Edge/Del Rio isn't going to even be the REAL main event. That will be Sting/Undertaker or Cena/Miz or possibly a fatal four way. If anything Edge is not "main event" worthy but he has been in plenty world title matches at Wrestlemania by now while Mysterio has only been in one.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.