Wrestling Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
If he was in it though he would probably win it, and I like to see up and comers win MITB, plus I think this fued with Cody could be good, especially if Cody wears a mask to hide his face.
Right, because Randy Orton won the last MITB...oh wait, no, he didn't. Rey has no chance in MITB. At this point, it's almost a guarantee that Morrison or Ziggler is winning.

Either way, if he's in MITB or not, he's got nothing going on this year and that's a pretty good thing.

· Registered
5,130 Posts
I hope not, his name is too big for a match like MITB, he should get his own single match with Cody Rhodes at WM...and loses. Cody Rhodes has been on a roll as of late, his heel work has been very impressive, it will be a waste of time if WWE feeds him to Rey at the end. This is one of the times that Rey needs to do the right thing and puts his opponent over, Cody absolutely needs the win more.

· Registered
6,114 Posts
Yeah, being stuck in a storyline with Smelly Kelly isn't exactly what Drew should be doing, he should at least be fighting Kofi for the IC.
watch smackdown tonight. kelly kelly gets involved with the ziggler/guerrero/edge storyline..and pays the price. this is setting up a full face turn for drew mcintyre and a future feud with dolph ziggler. plus, mcintyre is in the chamber match and by that time should be face. the storyline with kelly kelly is going to pay off for him.

· Banned
64 Posts
Right, because Randy Orton won the last MITB...oh wait, no, he didn't. Rey has no chance in MITB. At this point, it's almost a guarantee that Morrison or Ziggler is winning.

Either way, if he's in MITB or not, he's got nothing going on this year and that's a pretty good thing.
What about Sheamus? Now that Triple H is rumored to be facing Barrett, doesn't he have a strong chance at winning it?

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
No, not at all. They're not gonna have a 2 time WWE Champion that could get back into the main event at any time win it.

And frankly, I'm not even sure that Barrett will face Triple H. I know there's an 8 man tag match advertised in March that implies that Triple H is gonna face Barrett at WrestleMania, but cards are subject to change. Plus, unless Triple H is going to SmackDown, and he won't, it doesn't seem very likely that he'll interact with Barrett before WrestleMania. Barrett is still more likely to face Undertaker, even with all these Sting rumors floating around that will more than likely turn out to be false.

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
Troll™;9308034 said:
Yeah, probably. But you never know, considering how fanatically they are behind Sheamus.
I do know because WWE isn't THAT stupid. Sheamus can get back into the main event at any time, he doesn't need a MITB for it. That's not what MITB is for. The only time they give a MITB to a former world champion is if somebody gets injured/suspended, like when Edge won it the second time, or in CM Punk's case, if they got it because of a suspension the first time and then the second time, they got their real push which wasn't scheduled for the first time they won it, or in Kane's case, it was one final push before he retires. Besides, how fanatically behind Sheamus have they been in the last few months? Not very. Right now, he's irrelevant.

BTW, nice avatar. Could I get a link to a bigger version of the same?
http://img202.imageshack.us/i/steveaustin4.png/

· Banned
1,068 Posts
Sounds realistic, there have been big names stuck in the MITB match instead of a singles match at WrestleMania before.

WM 21 - Benoit (only 1 year after closing the show)
WM 23 - Edge, Orton, Booker, Jeff Hardy
WM 26 - Kofi (3/4 Months after the end of the storyline with Orton)

I'd like to see it tbh, Rey might do a cool spot or something.

· Registered
474 Posts
For Rey's own sake i hope he's not in MITB. The guy is very injury prone and in a MITB environment he's pretty much forced to do some crazy risk top of the ladder spot because he's the most established high flyer in the match.

· FEED ME LESS!
3,857 Posts
Being a huge Mysterio fan myself, I still dont see him as a MITB profile guy. I see the wwe making a very young push with the people in the match, making it more of a futures match than anything. I fully believe Rhodes will get a spot.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.