Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rey has been a face for so long. I don't think I've EVER seen him as a heel.

It'd be interesting to see Rey Mysterio as a heel.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
919 Posts
I don't see how Rey can play respectable heel on his own and is way too popular to put in a stable. Plus he sells an insane amount of merchandise. $$$$$$$$.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
One way he could go heel is maybe by forming a Latino heel stable on Smackdown with ADR, Chavo, Rosa Mendez, and Vickie Guerrero as the mouthpiece. That could actually work because none of those guys are really doing anything now, and Smackdown doesn't have a stable anymore after the SES dismantlement. But of course, because money is worshipped as god in America, we won't be seeing a heel Rey Mysterio as long as he's selling the merch to kids.

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
No way, Rey is a perfect example of what a Face is: popular with the fans, brings in a ton of money, and fans from the Hispanic culture. Further more, his entire Wrestling/Hi-Flying style is designed to being a Face.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I've always wondered what a heel Rey in WWE would be like. I'd imagine he would be the exact same as he is now, just saying slightly less nice things to the kids during their entrance.

"You can achieve your dreams!" becomes "You won't reach your dreams, but you'll be okay."

In conclusion, no thanks.

·
Indeed
16,945 Posts
Um... He was a heel in WCW. An AWFUL heel. Hell, even some of his face runs backfired on him back in WCW (West Texas ******** Vs. No Limit Soldiers was a disaster). He was a heel during The New Blood angle and it did not work. He's just a natural face, pure and simple. Some guys just can't be heel, and he, like Ricky Steamboat, are one of those guys.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Heels are reliant on their mic skills to get/keep themselves over. Rey simply couldn't do it. Can you imagine if they gave him 10 minute segments on the mic each week like they did with Punk or Jericho? It'd be a trainwreck.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
He's one guy who needs to turn heel himself if CENA does not do the turn. He has more reason to cheat to win due to his size, more reason to be a coward and run off not to get into a brawl - it would just work you can see him being a little arrogant heel who uses his intelligence and ring manipulation to win matches.

but of course they won't do any of that.

·
Registered
9,146 Posts
Id like to see Epico and Hunico brought as Del Rio's henchmen just so we could see a couple of high flying heel versions of Rey Mysterio. I think that's the closest you could get.

Besides Rey will always be a heel amongst males over 18 in the East coast and Canada.

·
Really too good to wrestle in front of all you pri
1,660 Posts
Missing the fact that he was an awful heel in WCW, Smackdown has got way too many heels as it is (Rhodes, McIntyre, ADR, Ziggler, Kane, Swagger, guessing Reks if he's sticking around).

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Yeah he should turn heel and most of the IWC will start riding his cock after that...... :rolleyes:

Reactions: The_Gizzame™

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah Right, but since we're on the topic of Rey Myserio jr im gonna put my 50 cents in on how I feel about him

1) He is a great athlete one of the best high flyers of all time

2)Hes got alot of heart

3)Hes 5 feet sone od inches of nothing

4)He looks like a pathetic little boy who never went through puberty

5)He looks like looks like he can be beaten up by high-schoolers, when I was in high school i was 5'11inches tall and weighed in at 185, and had a body fat percentage of 7, eneven I could easily take him then and even now at 26

6)Hes a whinny little bitch, everytime he gets hit (just watch bragging rights)to the point you cant even watch the PPV anymore till hees out of the ring

7)Its sickening to have him shoved down our throats all the time

8)He is injury prone, see point # 6, all the time and cant make it a month without getting hurt

9)I hope Alberto Del Rio or somebody else hurts him really badly to get hid punk ass off the show
10) Last, and most important of all, a message from me and to all the kiddie fans:flipHATE REY MYSTERIO I

·
Registered
210 Posts
Nah he wouldnt work as a heel. The kids would love him anyway. Plus as mentioned by someone else, Smackdown has a ton of heels and is short on faces. Why else would Edge be a face right now? (Not that I'm complaining)

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
His heel run would be awful

Reactions: The_Gizzame™
1 - 20 of 52 Posts