Wrestling Forum banner

Rewriting the Book- What if Rikishi wasn't the one that ran over Austin?

4K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  DA 
#1 ·
On Wrestlecrap's Rewriting the book section, Jed Shaffer has written a fantastic take on the who ran over Austin? Storyline, and to tell you the truth, Rikishi want the guy that did the deed.

Instead, it was a poisonous Combination of the Right to Censor Group, Chris Benoit and Kurt Angle, who was WWF Champion in the story. The story was that Angle wanted to make a huge name for himself upon arriving in the WWF, and to do that he teamed up with the RTC in order to take out Austin for good; Benoit gets in on the act, and convinces them to bring down his old Rival Chris Jericho by following Stephanie McMahon Helmsley to a hotel, getting her drunk without her even knowing and filming a sort of sex tape in the hotel room where she was staying at the time, causing her Husband, Triple H, to be lead on a wild goose chase for months, convinced that it was Jericho who slept with his wife, when in fact, it was Chris Benoit.

The Rock plays a major part in the story; he is framed by the RTC and becomes the number one suspect in the Austin Investigation. For months, Austin tries to kill him but is held back every time by Vince & Commissioner Mick Foley. Foley in this story is sort of a tweener, whilst William Regal, who becomes Commissioner halfway through the story, is a Baby-face.

Vince is brilliant in the story, becoming a mega-heel in the process. His feud with Shane is filled with more hatred than the original feud which lead up to that wishy-washy match at Mania 17, Trish Stratus becomes Vince's girlfriend, but is a much bigger heel than she was originally, The Storyline culminates in a six-man Hell in a Cell match at Mania 17, with Angle defending the WWF title against Undertaker( who was the number one suspect at the beginning of the RTB), Jericho, HHH, Rock and Austin, with Austin getting the win and the title. Regal defeats Benoit in a submission match to become the new IC Champion,nihilist Shane beats Vince in his street fight against him, with the help of a debuting Paul Heyman, who becomes the new Co-owner of the WWF along with Shane, driving Vince & Trish out of the WWF, and the RTC are disbanded after losing a six-man tag at the hands of the APA, a Baby-face Val Venis and Stephanie.

All in all, I reckon that had the WWF made the right choice and went with Shaffer's version, then the company could've made a lot of money with it, but instead, the made the big mistake in choosing the very over Baby-face Rikishi as the culprit, ruining his career in the process.

What do you guys think? Did you read the story on WrestleCrap?

See less See more
#2 ·
I wanted Mr Ass to be the one who did it. I was a big fan of him at the time. He came back from his injury and instead of pushing him they had Austin come out, accuse him, then stunner and leave. Then he was in jobber ville as billly gun the one. Lame...

#4 · (Edited)
Triple H would've been too obvious, but at least it would've made sense :draper2. I think Kurt Angle would have been the best option though. He came in with a rocket strapped to his back. He had every reason to get Austin out of the way to make a name for himself, and it would have done wonders for his heel character.

I'm pretty sure The Rock was in the locker room area at the time, so it couldn't have been him. And you're right, Triple H would be way too obvious. I can't think of anyone else that would make sense. Kurt Angle got a nice push in the last year, but he's too much of a creampuff to do it.
Found my post from the parody thread 3 months ago. This reasoning would have made the story even better, because no one would've seen it coming from goody two shoes Kurt.

#5 ·
Triple H would've been too obvious, but at least it would've made sense :draper2. I think Kurt Angle would have been the best option though. He came in with a rocket strapped to his back. He had every reason to get Austin out of the way to make a name for himself, and it would have done wonders for his heel character.
Angle would have been an interesting choice. Looking back, HBK might have been a good choice as well, wanting to get back in the spotlight after he had to retire after his WM with Austin.

#6 ·
That story is shit. HBK or Mr.Ass should have been the person who ran over Austin. HBK because he couldn't get over his lost at Mania 14, or Mr.Ass because he wanted the spotlight. Angle was too goofy at the time to take serious in a role like that. (Yes, I know, Rikishi was dancing at the time and he ended up being the guy)

#12 ·
Benoit gets in on the act, and convinces them to bring down his old Rival Chris Jericho by following Stephanie McMahon Helmsley to a hotel, getting her drunk without her even knowing and filming a sort of sex tape in the hotel room where she was staying at the time, causing her Husband, Triple H, to be lead on a wild goose chase for months, convinced that it was Jericho who slept with his wife, when in fact, it was Chris Benoit
Yet another family destroyed by Benwah :mj2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.