Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I've decided I want to download a load of old Attitude era episodes of Raw and Smackdown. Could any of you guys help me decide where to begin watching, and which part of the era? I don't have crazy amounts of free time, so I was thinking of maybe watching just some of 2000, but I'd love to check out a few earlier ones like in '97.

If any of you know anywhere to get a hold of the episodes quite easily, it'd be much appreciated too.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
Check the Wrestling Multimedia section, last time I checked there was a thread with links to pretty much every episode of Raw you could possibly want.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've just started watching it in its entirety. Started @ Summerslam 97 and just finished watching survivor series 97, with the Montreal Screwjob. just brought the next 6 months of PPV Tagged Classics. There's a user on pirate bay named WAZZ, who has uploaded every raw since 96. Decent quality too :)

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
I say 1996, maybe after Mania. I know its not the best suggestion, but thats when i feel things began to change.

Im one day going to watch every Raw, Smackdown and PPV from the era. Just watch one a week or something, so it takes me a few years but it would be worth it.

I always wondered whether an Attitude era thread would be a good thing, have an episode a week and link everyone to it and have a discussion about it. Just like the current Raw discussion, I think it would be interesting. ( Not just AE, because I'm not one of those who looks at it with rose tinted glasses, but because of its rep it would be more interesting amd easily available to find and watch each episode.)

·
Banned
8,732 Posts
If you want to take in the 'whole' attitude era, then it would be worthwhile starting from some time in 1997, ect. But I personally wouldn't bother, as while there were a lot of good things about WWF at that time, there was plenty of shit too that I wouldn't fancy sitting through. I'd say WWF TV was at it's best from the time frame of Wrestlemania 2000 through to Wrestlemania X-7 (2001). That year long period was superb.

·
Shooting the birds down from the trees
4,506 Posts
Google xtreme wrestling torrents, I got all my wrestling from there got everything from 1997 to now.
99-01 was my favourite time.

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you want to take in the 'whole' attitude era, then it would be worthwhile starting from some time in 1997, ect. But I personally wouldn't bother, as while there were a lot of good things about WWF at that time, there was plenty of shit too that I wouldn't fancy sitting through. I'd say WWF TV was at it's best from the time frame of Wrestlemania 2000 through to Wrestlemania X-7 (2001). That year long period was superb.
This is what I was thinking. Your advice is greatly appreciated guys! I might get round to watching 99-01 then if I actually accomplish that, go back to late 96-98. I know the era had its faults, but I'd love to relive my childhood a little, and see how it stands up with a modern day comparison.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
As far as the full year goes with episodes and what not. I would recommend checking out the year 2000. That was a great year as far as the WWF went. 1997-1999 there are bits and pieces I would end up checking out. Like "Pillman's Got A Gun", "Montreal Screwjob", the lead up with Mike Tyson to WrestleMania XIV and the time with the Ministry of Darkness.

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
before going to Attitude era, you need to start watching Bret/Austin fued and their whole work(pretty much you can skip the rest) from 1996 to see how did they planting seed and they call Austin/Bret the founders of Attitude Era...throughout the their fued we see the glimps of Austin vs Mcmahon/Boss where Austin gets on Vince and Gorilla Monsoon face call them a jackass. take note that at this time is PG rated...

talk about Punk Pipe Bomb Brian Pillan is original, these work-shoot stuff that WWE is doing Bret was the originals who bring Shawn real life stuff into the screen and it turn into real heated fued...

without Bret or Austin don't know how WWF/E going to survive from the war...you really need to see how Attitude Era began so i'm highly recommend and should watch those 2 guys work from 96 before start looking at Attitude era...

·
Registered
163 Posts
If you don't have unlimited time to start from 1997 onwards, I think the best would be to start from the beginning of 2000, and go up to Wrestlemania X7 (2001)

That year and a half is probably the most concentrated and highest quality attitude programming you can get:

Match and PPV quality was at an all time high with the mid-card of benoit, jericho, guerrero, angle, the tag division with the TLC rivalry that lasted 18 months, and a stacked main event with austin returning later on.

The 97-99 era had some real classic moments, but there was a lot of crap mixed in that people forget about, in 2000 there was much less room for the mediocre

If you start in January 2000, you get the beginning of the McMahon-helmsley era, buildup to the great Foley-HHH feud, beginning of TLC, Rock's mega-star push, and the Royal Rumble 2000 is a brilliant PPV that sets the whole year/18 months up perfectly.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
i started watching from 98 month before breakdown cause to it was the most exciting part of the year. although i have recommended others to start from start or roughly start of the year. cause attitude era = austin 316 era.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts