Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The WWE website announced that the three-hour Monday Night RAW event taking place on November 29, 2010 at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania will feature the return of the King of the Ring tournament.

The synopsis reads: “In a single evening, one man will become a legend as the King of the Ring Tournament returns for the first time in over 2 years live from Philadelphia. On a special 3-Hour Raw Event Superstars from Raw and SmackDown will battle for the honor to be crowned King of all WWE and royally solidify their spot in sports-entertainment history.”

Its almost perfect for daniel bryan to win this. i love king of the ring and i think its awesome that its coming back

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Nice! I guess someone in the roster is gonna be elevated, John Morrison perhaps? But i'd love to see CM Punk to win it, it will definitely restore back all the steam he's lost.

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,537 Posts
I was just about to post this lol

Hopefully this is a set-up for Danielson to win! He needs something like this to add to his gimmick! King of the Ring could turn into his new moniker for awhile. I hope it happens! Him or Punk would be great for this!

·
Post McMahon Era
1,236 Posts
Yea, it is awesome that it's coming back, but what is wrong with the E? Don't put the concept on RAW, bring it back as a PPV! Get rid of all the gimmick PPVs, & go back to the old format.

·
Thank You Randy Savage.
3,772 Posts
Danielson is on a role so he doesn't really need it. Give it to Punk please, that will make me a happy.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Awesome. Would be class if Regal handed the crown over to Bryan or something... they've talked about him training Bryan, would be cool.
At least it's back in some format.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
YES YES YES!!!! Something to ACTUALLY look forward to I'm so happy I'm getting an erection.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
No doubt they'll give it to a member of Nexus... Wade Barrett (you know how his British) or for a few chuckles give it to Santino. Hopefully it's a cross-brand show for the night to have 4 smackdown superstars to face 4 raw superstars in the tourney.

·
Premium Member
4,216 Posts
Awesome. I'd like Bryan to win but, as SC4L said he's on a roll and doesn't need it. I think Punk would be perfect for the role as king of the ring, he's lost in the shuffle at the moment and needs something to keep him relevant.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
I take it it's not going to be called King of the Ring if it's on Raw. They should go back to it's own PPV and have it how it used to be in '02, if you win you get a title shot at Summerslam.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
They should just get rid of the MITB ppv and have the mitb ladder match at WM then in June they have the KOTR which makes the winner get a title shot at SS

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
I wish I cared for this to be honest. It was once a great way to push a midcarder into the main event... I still haven't gotten over the fact the last KOTR had Hornswoggle in it! I have no interest in this unless it is on PPV.

·
Premium Member
10,198 Posts
I take it it's not going to be called King of the Ring if it's on Raw.
Nah, it will. The last King of the Ring took place on Raw too.

Barrett won't win, he's already reached main event status and will HOPEFULLY be champion by then. It's set out perfectly to boost a midcarder, and gives creative more options than for people who win MITB. For now, my favourite to win is Del Rio.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
All hail King PUNK :p As long as they don't make the winner have a King gimmick again.

·
My man
6,506 Posts
Poor Regal is going to lose his last claim to greatness :s It's a bit funny that as soon as a Englishmen becomes prominent again they bring back King of the Ring :p

1 - 20 of 182 Posts