Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't so much about the forum itself, more about the main news site...which may be run by other people, I don't know. My peeve is every news story that I view has a retarded ad to another wrestling site with news that is so bogus it's retarded. Like, for example, there was news about Matt Hardy and at the bottom, they had "BREAKING NEWS- TNA and WWE fighting for Matt Hardy contract" or "BIG NEWS-BACKSTAGE FIGHT", or how bout this doozy "SHOCKER-RAW to be cancelled"

I don't mind so much that they want to link back to their site or whatever, but just have a real, regular link then, don't try and lure us with this turtle squirt "breaking news"

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
OK, why make a thread on it though? Finding people to write wrestling news on a daily basis for free is very hard nowdays. There are a dime a dozen who will do that and link to their website in the true way. Stupid plugging is one of the ways reporters operates, it's just the way it goes. But as you are wise to it, why not just read the news and ignore the retarded plugs? It's not very hard.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I'm just venting...I'm wise now, but I've hit it before and the site it goes to is like pop up mania, my browser gave me the middle finger for all the pop ups I made it do.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, my bad, could someone move this to rants.

I can't be the only one who thinks this too?? or can I..hmmm.

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
15,672 Posts
Not worth moving it to rants, seeing as it's not really a problem. The rumours are likely to never be true, but if you really feel like checking, hover your mouse over the link. Look at the bottom right of your browser, you get the URL. It'll most likely be another newsboard, which will be obvious from the URL.

Obvious without the URL too, to be honest.

N

·
0 Posts
Flash said:
Not worth moving it to rants, seeing as it's not really a problem.
Seems like you meant to type Suggestions & Help seeing as this is the forum for fixing problems, not Rants.

o

Anyway, yeah, it's only been this way for the past...er...5 or more years? Yeah, at least you caught on.

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
15,672 Posts
No, look at the post above mine. They were on about moving it to Rants.

I do know what I'm talking about sometimes, you know.

N

·
0 Posts
You obviously did not understand the meaning of what I typed.

Let me do it in a way you...inferiors...would type.

It belongs in Rants.

o

·
Registered
646 Posts
If you know it wont be true dont click, but id click it anyway sometimes, its a good way to find diff sites. Thats how i found this one

·
Banned
1,489 Posts
I thought it said somewhere that Wrestling-Edge isn't responsible if the content wasn't real, or something like that. But I might've been wrong, maybe it was on the old look.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Everyone should know by now that the links on the bottom of any wrestling site's new link is bogus. I found that out the hard way when I clicked for an hour trying to find a news link(fake) at the bottom every single site. Most sites dont say they are not responsible and just say it is a third-party link.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts