Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friend: a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.
We fade in to see Owen James sitting on a fold up chair informally. The room is not very visible as the lights are off and there is a small desk lamp lighting Owen from the desk beside him.

Friend huh? In these times, it’s just another word for someone who doesn’t take you for a fool, someone who won’t betray you, someone who’s not a cold hearted piece of trash that uses you for their benefit only. But be honest, can you really be sure of any of that? And before you even think of an answer, no, you can never be sure of anything.
Most people sat there at home will be thinking ‘my pals are fine what’s this guy talking about?’ well allow me to give some examples.

We fade out from Owen and fade into a high-school corridor. Owen then comes into the shot and begins walking towards the camera as the camera moves backwards.

Well here we are back in the ‘good ol’ days’ of 1996. There are many groups of ‘friends’ here like...

Owen pauses trying to find someone he recognises. Eventually a couple of boys come parading down the hall way clowning around and making noise.

Oh yes, John and Jay, two peas in a frickin pod if ever I saw them! Not sure if they ever grew out of this childish phase but these two are a great example of what everyone else calls ‘friends’ we’ll come back to them later on.

Now these guys I remember.

Owen points out a group of 2 boys and 2 girls they are all behaving very civilised and are neatly dressed.
Linda, Emma, Thomas and Leon, these are what you call ‘nerds’. They’re not the cliché move nerds, they’re just intelligent and for some reason people think there’s something wrong with that? But this tale of friendly revision and discussing astro-physics together didn’t end too smartly; I’ll come back to these later as well.

And here this is a pair to remember, Beth and Georgina.
The 2 girls walk down the hallway in the most untidy uniform ever seen and both their eyes glued to every next boy in the hall way. No one ever knew what they were talking about but if you ever just heard two words, you wouldn’t want to.

Owen slightly cringes remembering these events.

But now, we get to the juicy details!
The 2 boys, John and Jay worked together their whole lives and just a few years ago became the owners of the biggest car dealership in all of West-Yorkshire, but Jay was the one to put the brakes on their friendship when he framed John in some armed robbery. I don’t know why he would make it look like a millionaire would steal from a bank but it was all down to one thing, greed. He wanted all the cash, but after people heard the owners were robbers the business flopped anyway... how unfortunate.

Owen has a sarcastic look on his face.

And now the ‘nerds’. Well, Emma ended up getting more involved with boys... a lot of boys. This made Thomas jealous (long time secret crush) and so he proposed to her, and yes this is in high-school. She rejected him and then her current boy friend walked up and laughed at Thomas and they got into a huge fight, and Thomas got beaten so badly by the whole group he left town. That’s one down but what of the rest? Emma was out after her antics and it turned out that Leon was only considered smart because of his copying of Thomas’ answers so he was then dropped a few sets down because his grades were suffering and then he began to bully poor Linda for being a nerd... what a true friendship eh?

And what of Beth and Georgina? What can I say, they’re the bitchiest two women alive as far as I can see so this was destined to end in terror. This may be the most boring ending of all but then again this was the strongest friendship of all. But before I reveal their fate you can probably guess what the one thing was that came between these two. Yep, a man. They both had ‘steady’ relationships till Beth’s boyfriend got bored.

Owen slightly chuckles

He threw her to the side like garbage, but luckily she was saved by her knight in shining armour! Too bad Georgina didn’t want to share her knight so now they despise each other... and the man in fact. So from a bond that couldn’t be broken came a hatred like no other.

We fade back to the room where Owen is sitting informally.

So you still think friendship is all happy-go-lucky and you’re going to stand by each other ‘til the end? Well just take a look at your buddy and ask yourself this, at some point or another one of you is going to want something and the other is going to be in the way, what are you going to do about it? Can you trust them? Or is it yourself that you don’t trust?

Fade out.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I'm going to be honest here. Even though it was mildly well-written and the basics (the way you write and the way it was set up isn't ugly on the eyes) were improved over the last RPs you posted, the story itself has nothing to do with your character, the storyline you're in (and can't really go as a follow-up to the last one since your team didn't exacly break up) or even the match you were booked. I mean, an RP about friendship and unity?
Your match is a triple threat, come on, you should've broke that one out last month while you were in the tag team tournament and it could've done some damage.

I'm not exacly saying it was bad, just that it was completely out of context.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this is kinda my way of saying i dont need friends and this was completely different to how it started :/ it was that all the friends were all ganging up on my guy but i ended up going more into the friendships than planned and it changed to this :/ also i think this is bad cos im face and this is kinda heelish... whatever im still the best its just a conspiracy...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts