Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work my body until my quads are dying and my legs are shaking. With every sixty yard sprint I run, I feel the old Tim coming back to me. I feel the days where running to first base was as easy as pie. I remember that, even as a pitcher, I ran the fastest dash of anybody on the team. Coach considered me as a pinch runner every single time, but the pitching coach respectfully told the head coach no because he didn’t want his star to get hurt.

I miss those days. I miss the days where I was number one. The days where I was the star. I want to get back there. The days where I was on the front page of the papers. The days where I was the buzz around the internet. The days where people wanted to grow up to be like me. Where did those days go? Now I find myself wanted to be somebody else, my old self.

After my set of sixty yard sprints, I splash ice cold water down my throat and turn to the iPod. I cycle through playlist after playlist, but only one list catches my attention. I select the playlist I grew up working out too. I want to go back to the old Tim. This true workout music made me work like a man possessed to be the best. It is time to work like that man again.

I run along the warning track in the outfield. The music from my ear buds pound into my ear drums. The loud bass, however, does not bother me one bit. The sweat going down my face and into my eyes does not concern me. The eventual give out of my legs does not worry me. I just worry about one thing, and that is when I will be back to the Tim I want to be.

I continue running back and forth, foul pole to foul pole. I sprint in between the left-center and right-center distance markers on the wall. I go full out sprint each time. Sweat continues to fall down my face and I feel the workout becoming a success, but I am not done yet. I get done with my poles and I realize that I am far from done and far from being the best I want to be.

I slowly make my descent to the Lane Tech football field bleachers. I walk over to the right side of the bleachers. There is no time to catch my breath. I realize that if I catch my breath, someone else is getting better elsewhere who wants success more than he needs to catch a breath. I begin my ascent up the bleachers, hitting each step with both feet. Once I reach the top, I sprint to the next flight to steps and make my way down not missing a step. I go down the whole bleachers…

And I do it again…

And again…

And again…

My lower body is giving out and I realize it is time to quit. But not quit working out, just quit the lower body. When I was at my best, it was because I had the best abdominal strength anybody has ever seen before. I will get that strength back and it starts in the weight room…

I make my way to the weight room and I am not like everyone else. I am not the kind of guy that settles with 50 crunches, 30 seconds of planks, and 10 sit ups and then I am done. I am the kind of guy that will use weights and add power to my pitch. I grab myself the medicine ball and start going through my routine. I slam the medicine ball against the wall. My objective is to break down the damn wall, nothing less.

I use my natural torque and rotational hip power to fire the ball against the wall. I make the same motion with my hips as if I was pitching or punching a man square in the face. I continue with my workout and I feel better than I ever have.

I put the medicine ball away and sit down on the chair. I take my ear buds out of my ears and begin to reflect on what I just accomplished. My legs are shaking, my quads are burning, my abs are throbbing, and my head has turned into a rushing rapid of sweat. Honestly, I couldn’t feel any better. I feel the old Tim coming back. He will be here. He will make his return to the MLB mound. The time will come. I promise you that.

I sit back, look right up to the ceiling, and smile to what I have achieved. The fight has been won today, but the war is still being fought…

Retaliation starts now.

·
EPW Owner
4,267 Posts
It's good to see you getting back in the groove, your momentum certainly slowed down after a great start but this is a step back towards the period when you were well on your way to a World Title shot. Keep up the good work!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts