Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking ‘what’s the best way to capitalise on the streak’? The answer is pretty simple. Make UT appearances scarcer. Why? Well, it would increase the demand for him.

They should retire the on-air personality immediately and let him do house shows every now and then to work off the ring rust. The guy is only 45! If you could maintain the interest in his streak and get him to prolong his WM wrestling career by 5-6 years, why wouldn’t you? You could still sell the merchandise and book him for an on-air appearance when sales wane, but it won’t be in a wrestling capacity until WM.

He’s stale once a week and doesn’t give the WWE the opportunity to elevate someone else in his place. It’s accepting the inevitable and preparing for it.

·
Premium Member
12,067 Posts
I'd like to see Taker retire a perfect 20-0 at WrestleMania 28, but I could actually see him coming back once a year to defend the streak. People would buy into it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I've been thinking for a long time now that Undertaker should ONLY wrestle at Wrestlemania. It'd work out like this: They start building him up a couple of months before the big event with different "creepy" promos (but he's not actually there) and then every year he comes back to wrestle one match at Mania. That way, he could do it for 6-7 more year really. One match a year wouldn't kill him. In order to keep the ring rust off he could just practice at home or behind the scenes with other wrestlers.

·
DELIRIUM
4,544 Posts
I'd actually like this. Alot, actually. Cause his Mania matches are usually MOTN if not MOTY candidates. But, his random WHC wins and other feuds just don't do it for me. If anything, I'd say bring him back around the Rumble to get a feud going, defend the streak and do it all over again the next year.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Even though he is only 45 he is so worn down. I think this idea would be good if only to help him rest and recover more.

·
EIRE
15,862 Posts
I think this would certainly add to his in ring longevity. He's gotten a serious injury every year since 07 and it seem like he always gets injured and he's always making his return and he always gets the title when he comes back. It's so old to me now. I mean Rey fucked him up this year and he comes back to feud with Kane and gets injured again (or maybe he had the injury already when he came back to face Kane and just tried to work through it, I don't know). I understand why it's happening but it seems like he is made out of glass now and isn't that reliable anymore. I know I certainly wouldn't put the title on him at this point. He doesn't need it anyway.

I still think he should call it quits at 20-0 at WM and retire. If I never saw him in the ring after that, I would be fine with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts