Wrestling Forum banner

Resurgence of Cesaro

5K views 34 replies 25 participants last post by  luckyfri 
#1 · (Edited)

I have been loving what WWE have been doing with Cesaro lately. He is really starting to get some big pops lately and it makes me smile cause he deserves it so much. He has been consistently given time on both RAW and Smackdown to showcase just how damn good he is in that ring. He really is one of the most innovative and entertaining wrestlers I have ever seen in my life and I have been watching wrestling literally my whole life. I think they are leading to a feud with Rollins down the line I might be wrong but in his interview with Michael Cole he says he wants to challenge Rollins. I hope it happens. Even if he loses it would be refreshing to see him in main event for once. I give some credit to Cena for backing Cesaro and I think he is one of the reasons he is getting used better lately. We all know Cena is a fan of Cesaro and he holds a lot of power backstage. What he says goes a long way.

So what do you guys think of the resurgence of Cesaro? I think he is getting more over every time he performs and I enjoy all his matches.

See less See more
#15 ·
I have a bad feelings about this to be honest. It's WWE we are talking about, that's why I don't get my hopes up. I only wish they would give distinct gimmick.

No Vince, I don't mean yodelling one again.

#16 ·
I have a bad feelings about this to be honest. It's WWE we are talking about, that's why I don't get my hopes up. I only wish they would give distinct gimmick.
No Vince, I don't mean yodelling one again.

This ought to spice up his feud with Kevin Owens. Owens looks like a fellow who gets mighty grumpy when somebody steals his dinner.

#20 ·
This is one of those times that proves how criticism and discussion of flaws/mistakes goes a long long way while satisfaction is mostly silent.

Yeah I'm enjoying it, it's good stuff.

See? Nothing wrong with that, there's no problem with discussions being 'so focused on negativity' - people don't hate everything, it's just that there's little to discuss when things are running smoothly.

Happy with it! I've got nothing to say but that's okay.

#21 ·
It's been nice but it is WWE.. Like I was saying in another thread.. if he has Cena's support and can win over Vince and HHH, it will be a good thing. He's been going all out to connect with the fans. His mic work is his weakest part but the promo with Owens on Smackdown wasn't bad, it wasn't like awesome but it was funny. I think the problem is that he has a hard time emphasising.

#24 ·
Like its going to matter. Cesaro was build up twice got super over then the WWE ruined him.

It will happen again. Cesaro should be a main event star, but he he is not american and Vince seems to hate his accent.

He will sadly go no where as long as Vince is in charge.

Tha is why Vince and Dunn need to go.

The minute Cesaro gets more over than someone Vince likes, (Reigns() that is when Vince will bury Cesaro once again

#26 · (Edited)
Not like he was treated that badly before. I mean, yeah, he had some downs, but they lasted all of a couple weeks and he bounced back to have a long ass match or something. I mean he was a US champ and more recently a tag champ.

Dude's fine, but he never had it as bad nor of as long as people like to dramatize. That being said, great talent and more power to him.

Edit: His promo skills are pretty bad, passable at best, but he's given a decent amount of mic time compared to most midcarders and has botched every single time he's been on live tv. That is a problem for me. I don't have high standards when it comes to mic skills but botching every single promo you've done in the past two years that are live? Yeah, no, you need to fix that.

#29 ·
Him and Owens have a great opportunity here to prove themselves and work off each others strengths. I know their feud is something Triple H had in mind to see if they can tear the house down and show Vince something. They have the opportunity to steal the show everynight.

#32 ·
Its about damn time. Ive gotta admit I turn on wrestlers fairly easy. Been a fan of the miz back in 2010-2011, huge ziggler fan 2012-2013, huge ambrose fan when he was in fcw and the earky stages of shield. Ive turned on all of them whether its booking, overexposure or simply them not giving a fuck and going through the motions. Cesaro is arguably the only guy I havent turned on due to horrible booking, whether its rugby player, 5 different languages, us champ, real american, singles and paul heyman guy, stop and start pushes, teaming with tyson he always delivers when he,s in the ring, always got the passion in his eyes when he walks down the ramp. One of the most innovative and atlethic wrestlers of the past 15 years. I love the guys work and I pray to god he ends up being a maineventer.

#33 · (Edited)
Worth noting that one of the biggest stars of the 90's (Goldberg) couldn't talk for shit, his booking got him over. Try something like that with Cesaro and he'd be huge.

He's godlike in the ring, so he already has an edge over Goldberg in that respect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.