Wrestling Forum banner

121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
Waiting on the release of this game. I don't know what else to do in the demo besides trying out mods lol.

·
The face that runs the List
10,362 Posts
Finished it today. The last two fights were very hard, and I was playing a normal difficulty. I can't even begin to imagine how hard it's going to be on hardcore mode.

Overall it was a very entertaining game, I had a lot of fun and nothing major to complain about. I just think it will eventually suffer from the comparison with RE2 which was a near masterpiece.

It was quite scary at some parts but it's more action oriented and you never really run out of ammo.

It was also a bit short but the original was too. And they added a few segments. I'm not sure if I'm going to enjoy playing it again and again like I do with the other game, we will see.

It's a solid 15/20 from me.

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
Overall it was a very entertaining game, I had a lot of fun and nothing major to complain about.
This is what matters the most.

It was quite scary at some parts but it's more action oriented and you never really run out of ammo.
Hardcore will change that of course ha.

Is it true that Carlos can't use the dodge ability?

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Finished it today. The last two fights were very hard, and I was playing a normal difficulty. I can't even begin to imagine how hard it's going to be on hardcore mode.

Overall it was a very entertaining game, I had a lot of fun and nothing major to complain about. I just think it will eventually suffer from the comparison with RE2 which was a near masterpiece.

It was also a bit short but the original was too. And they added a few segments. I'm not sure if I'm going to enjoy playing it again and again like I do with the other game, we will see.

It's a solid 15/20 from me.
How long did it take you to finish? I’m seeing 5 hour completions from people trying to spoil the game in YouTube comments and I’m thinking those players must have rushed the game and didn’t explore.

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
Yes he can but it's more of a striking attack and he counter attacks when done at the right time.
Ah, i see.

I decided to unstall the demo, and wait for the release. Plus, i noticed the RE3trainer no longer works because of the update.

I noticed the safe's code was changed because of the update.

·
The face that runs the List
10,362 Posts
How long did it take you to finish? I’m seeing 5 hour completions from people trying to spoil the game in YouTube comments and I’m thinking those players must have rushed the game and didn’t explore.
I died a lot lol and I took my time to explore so I finished it in 8 hours something. It's definitely a little shorter than RE2 but all the old games are short. It became longer with RE4.

·
Team AEW
2,914 Posts
I'm currently at the Power Station. Won't spoil anything, but was really surprised how different the game is from the demo, let's just say... Nemesis-wise.

Honestly, I'm having a blast. I have only one critique though, it's about the iconic cutscene they've cut out. But will not judge harshly yet.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
My spoiler free review:

If you’re a diehard fan, you’re going to be disappointed I hate to say. The length and cuts made might even make you angry. As for myself, I played almost every Resident Evil there is for many years and I really enjoyed this. The pace is extremely fast(like the original). At times it feels like the game is pushing you a bit to fast and not giving you a chance to breathe but I like that. I want that feeling of looking over my shoulder as I explore the city.

The characters- This is where the game shines for me. They did an excellent job of building these characters and developing them throughout. Their thoughts and motivations were brilliantly told not just with their actions but also the files. By the way, whoever wrote the files in this game did the best job in RE history. There is wit, humor, horror, sarcasm, and everything under the sun.

Creatures- There is a good variety and they look great.

Story- I think they did a better job of telling a precise, coherent, consistent story of Jill’s last escape than they did with RE2R. This is probably where the hate comes in. The length of 3 for me playing casually is about the same as one of RE2R’s scenario but RE2’s 1st and 2nd scenario are the same with different characters. I’m in the boat of disappointed fans who wished certain things weren’t cut however I enjoyed the adventure. Hopefully they will drop some dlc and content to try to rectify some of the lacking parts of the game.

Story-9/10. The cut stuff keeps me from giving it a 10. I loved what I saw but just wanted more of it.

Characters-10/10. Absolutely great job of developing them and the voice acting was on point.

Creatures- 7.5/10. I liked most of their designs. I would have sacrifice less numbers of a particular creature for a slight upgrade in size.

Locations- 7/10. I wished some of the places were expanded upon but I get it. 3 for the most part takes place out in the city and not confined to a particular area like the first 2 games. They did build the locations beautifully though.

Pace- 8/10. If you like quickly getting from one point to the next you will like this. There is some backtracking but for the most part the game moves you along pretty well.

Puzzles- 3/10. I don’t know how to review this without spoiling so I’ll just say this also falls under cut content.

I didn’t bring up Nemesis because again, I don’t know how to review him without giving too much away.

Overall- A solid 8/10. I enjoyed the ride but I wished it lasted longer. Please capcom release additional content.

121 - 130 of 130 Posts