Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay... I think its safe to assume Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 4, are the best in the series.

Resident Evil 2 had a great outdoor atmosphere, police station, etc. Resident Evil 4 had a great outdoor atmosphere as well, including The Merchant character.

I honestly don't think I can choose. I don't think one is greater than the other. They are both amazing games, and represent the very best of the Resident Evil series, in my opinion.

Do you think RE2 or RE4 is better? They are both certainly the pinnacle, but which do you think is slightly better?

·
The Babyface of WF
11,638 Posts
RE4 set a precedent for TPS over the shoulder games and had arguably the best replay value of any RE Title.

RE2 was the better RE game and had the Zapping system to coincide either playthrough which was remarkable at that time in video games.

I'd go with RE4 since i played that game quite a bit long after already completing my first playthrough.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Which RE2 that we talking about? Classic or remake one?? Doesn't matter because i only play that game few times and when I want play the remake one, I realize my CPU is obsolete and have no time to upgrade it.

For RE:4, it's too bad, Capcom was too lazy to Port the GameCube version for PC although they gain Ubisoft to release the PC version, need few mod to enhance the graphics but overall, I love the RE:4 especially the PC because the mod

·
The Babyface of WF
11,638 Posts
Which RE2 that we talking about? Classic or remake one?? Doesn't matter because i only play that game few times and when I want play the remake one, I realize my CPU is obsolete and have no time to upgrade it.

For RE:4, it's too bad, Capcom was too lazy to Port the GameCube version for PC although they gain Ubisoft to release the PC version, need few mod to enhance the graphics but overall, I love the RE:4 especially the PC because the mod

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
I loved RE 4. I remember having literally one complaint, and that was there should have been a jump back button. It was a berry specific complaint; not a dodge. A quick jump back, avoidance tactic. Otherwise, I loved every second. It had a metal gear solid vibe with how they handled the bosses. I agree RE changed how over the shoulder, at least horror, game would move on.

I hadn't played RE 2 till the remake, and I didn't like it. I thought the story was weak, the bad guys (not Mr. X, he's cool) were weak, the navigating was awful, the inventory system was awful (interface, not that you had to strategize). I felt the remake took the exact same game, including the problems, and just updated the controls and graphics. I was disappointed. It did make me want to play RE 4 again, which holds up well despite it feeling much slower today.

Um REmake. I'd also personally put RE7 VR above them for the experience, but both RE2 and REmake 2 are better than 4 for me
too spooky for me....

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
RE4 was the first Resident Evil game I played, man it was an adventure. If I had a list of games where I could have my memory wiped of playing it and experience it all over again for the first time, RE4 would be on the list.

I'm not usually a gamer that judges games off of graphics, but I can't lie the original Resident Evil graphics are hard on the eyes after a few minutes. It's almost a challenge to go through if you never played it before. I've been meaning to check out the Remake though, I've heard nothing but positive reviews.
If they remade RE4 though with today's graphics and adding some new features...

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
The two best Resident Evil games in their respective categories. RE2 is great for that classic survival horror experience and RE is just a ridiculously fun game. This makes it hard to compare since they're going for a completely different style in both games. RE2 is definitely a better Resident Evil game but RE4 is overall more fun and ridiculous. I think they're both better than RE2 Remake, although I'm not saying RE2 Remake is a bad game it just didn't make the original obsolete like RE Remake did with RE1.

·
Registered
953 Posts
REsident Evil 2 by far because Resident Evil 4 was essentially a first person shooter. RE 2 was WAY scarier along with 1. I liked RE4 but after 3 it does NOT feel like Resident Evil anymore

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
RE2 classic. I love everything about it. Music, layout, I even loved finding the files and reading them which I was disappointed RE4 changed up.

Little subject change but it still blows me away how great the ReMake 1 graphics were all those years ago. They still hold up today

·
Ho!
17,552 Posts
Both these games are fantastic. 3 is up there with them as well and is very underappreciated due to how short it is. I could say any of those are the best in the series on any given day. Have put a bunch of time into all of them.

I will say, between 2 and 4... I think I hold a softer spot for 2. I think I also prefer the original RE style normally to RE4. So with that in mind, I'd probably say 2>4 more often than not - although it's close and again, on another day it could be the other way around.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts