Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone, so i had the opportunity to chose whatever topic i wanted for my Research paper for English class, so i decided to do it on the Rise and Fall of the WWE Attitude Era. does anyone know any books and or articles that talk about it so i can take what i learn, write about it and use it as a source/ id really appreciate all of the help i can get, i do have the Foley is good book, the DX book that came out recently and i found some old things on Online world of wrestling.

Thanks everyone!

· Banned
4,575 Posts
Lol. You must've gotten your ass kicked.

Not sure of any books, maybe that WWE Encyclopedia that came out recently? And, of course, the internet.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

· Recognize
21,327 Posts
You sure as hell aren't going to find any scholarly sources for this topic. Although if it helps, Vince, Stephanie and Linda all attended Congressional hearings a few years back. If you could dig those up they could be useful and considered as scholarly sources I guess.

· Registered
2,515 Posts
Was there really a FALL of The Attitude Era? I always thought they just kinda ended it. Either way, thats cool that you're doing a paper on wrestling. You got balls.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha thanks everyone for the support, this is awesome!

@starbuck - any ideas on where i can get those documents from the hearings?

and @Markymark88 (sick name by the way haha)- i always felt the whole Steph and HHH era ended the attitude era, because thats was right before the whole Smackdown Vs Raw thing happened.

· Recognize
21,327 Posts
haha thanks everyone for the support, this is awesome!

@starbuck - any ideas on where i can get those documents from the hearings?

and @Markymark88 (sick name by the way haha)- i always felt the whole Steph and HHH era ended the attitude era, because thats was right before the whole Smackdown Vs Raw thing happened.
I guess you could go onto whatever US government site holds Congressional reports and search for WWE. I really have no idea other than that though. Sorry lol. I'm definitely sure that they are out there. Maybe you could even look back through a few years archives on wrestling news sites to find them. I think it was in like, 08 or 09.

· Registered
149 Posts
there was an issue of WWE magazine back in 2009 called the timeline of the WWE and it chronicles the history of the WWE from the early 80s. It has quite a large section on the Attitude Era. Check the WWE online store for the back issue.
haha fantastic knowledge.

· Registered
9,456 Posts
Sex, Lies & Headlocks by Shaun Assael is a pretty solid read. It covers the scandalous underbelly of the wrestling business and has a lot of information about the fall of WCW, the rise of the "Attitude" era and a lot about the law suits against McMahon. It's a good read.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Rise and Fall of Attitude Era? You better hope your teacher is not a wrestling fan cause any wrestling fan will tell you that's a bloody stupid topic!

How bout the rise and fall of WCW?
how is that a stupid topic? for most people growing up watching wrestling in my generation, remember things like DX, and the rock and stone cold at there biggest moments..i never followed WCW, i was always a WWF fan...it seems once we moved out of the Attitude era in wrestling, alot of people that i know stopped liking WWE, therefor if i talk about how it grew, and the years in between when it fell, i can get a good lengthy paper out of it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.