Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!! I'm in to Extreme Wrestling Revenge , a wrestling simulator developed by Adam Ryland. With it, you get the opportunity to become everything the company needs. You get to choose from several promotions or create your own with the file editor. You try to get better ratings than other promotions, and you even have the choice to negotiate with Television Networks to get a weekly show. You can fire people you don't think will help your promotion, such as people who's contract is too expensive and you don't get much from them anways. You can also hire and steal people from other promotions. Example, I could steal Jeff Jarrett from TNA if his morale is low enough. It is extremely fun and adictive. This simulator opens the door to something called a Promotion Diary. You take everyone here along with you as you go through the year, writing out the events and feuds you start in your promotion, and whatnot. It would be cool if there was an EWR board here at these forums, so the nearly 30,000 members you have could interact and make a promotion the way they want it.

To check EWR out before making a decision, just click on the link near the beginning of this post. I eagerly wait for a response!!

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
The EWF game is awesome but I didn't have the patience for it, I found that booking matches and making storylines and stuff can get frustrating, but it's still a really cool game.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It can be irritating, but it is entertaining as well. Plus, I would love to get involved with it here, so we can see what storylines they threw together, how they worked, and what ratings they got for it. Because after each match, you have three rating things on the right. Overall, Crowd Reaction, and Match Quality. If all three of them are high, then the ratings will be good. This kinda takes the "Be The Booker" Forum to the next level, actually letting the person get results for the matches they book... I hope a lot of people reply!!

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
i play it, i like it. i agree because in BTB there are shows, while in EWR well most people knoow what it is and how it works, btu basically you book matchhes, sign wrestlers, get TV record deals etc. so it would be a good idea.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hey, I'm all for it. It sounds pretty cool. I'm not good at writing a whole thing, but I think that I would like the simulator.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a lot of fun with it, making shows and trying to beat the WWE by running TNA. It is very very fun trying to beat out the best one on the game with the second best, because you have to try to make all of the rejections from the WWE and make superstars out of them.

But probably the most challenging aspect of it is starting from the very, very bottom... Backyard Wrestling... That is much harder, because obviously big names won't want to sign with a backyard promotion, but after a long time, you'll start to get noticed, and you'll gradually improve to small, then cult, then regional, etc. etc.... It is very entertaining, and I feel that many people will enjoy themselves with it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OOOH... Backyard is challenging. I love it. But I started with the WWE, as well. Brought in Sting and Bret Hart as main eventers, and Had Sting/Rock feud, and Hart/HBK fued. Got great ratings off of it.... I started my first promotion after my second year, But I didn't like the direction it was taking. Felt like it was gonna flop if I kept it going... Starting in the TNA now... I love this game...

·
HAIREH BAWWWWLS
4,558 Posts
It's a good game (until you cheat and edit the database :cool: ) but i don't see why it would need a whole new forum. Couldn't all this be done in the actual Be The Booker forum?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts