Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In terms of PPV quality, have Wrestle Kingdom 11, Dominion, and other shows from NJPW over the last few years surpassed WM X7 and the Great American Bash 89 ( the two PPVs considered the best of the best)? I'm really curious to see what everyone thinks considering NJPW's recent success. :)

NOTE: The only reason I'm reposting this thread is because a lot of people probably went to bed after the G1 show. The show ran late and it just wasn't a good time to post this thread. Hope you all enjoy this thread though! :)

·
I'm Just A Sick Guy.
1,884 Posts
I think it's great! Okada's having a title reign of the highest quality, his match against Shibata and his two epics with Kenny Omega are a testament to his incredible talent in the ring.

I don't want to play couch qb, because who am I to do that; but I've really enjoyed the last year of NJPW. They've put on big PPV events of a very high quality all year, honestly it's been a real pleasure to watch.

I'd like to see them sign Matt Riddle and establish a more solid base in the US, hopefully with more US shows down the road. I'll be watching, NJPW put out the best wrestling product in the world; but I that's not the only reason I'll continue to watch.

NJPW respect their fans, they understand their fanbase and they cater to their needs; I'll happily give them my custom because they deserve it. NJPW has earned my business through putting out a great wrestling product and respectfully giving their fans what they want from a wrestling show, something a certain other wrestling company can't do.

There's no bad blood between NJPW and the fans, no monthly fan backlash over who's being pushed, no attempt to troll the fans by higher management, no terrible booking, and no blatant disregard for fan opinion.

Everything in NJPW just makes sense, awesome wrestling on a regular basis, great booking, respect for their fanbase; and a talented roster in which all the right guys get pushed. It's not just that New Japan put out best wrestling product in the world, it's that from a fan perspective; overall they're the best wrestling promotion in the world and I can't wait to see what they do next. I think New Japan Pro Wrestling deserve to succeed and I hope they continue to.

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
I don't think so but they really shouldn't be compared. A good show is a good show and there's room for a whole bunch of great shows but it all comes down to opinions, events like these are special and we should just appreciate that we get such great wrestling events.

·
Stomping Scrawny Vanilla Midgetesses
4,302 Posts
Comparing NJPW shows to WMX-7 and Great American Bash 89. :larry

Oh dear.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm sorry guys. I just wanted to know what people thought, just for fun. I apologize if reposting this thread is a problem. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.