Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Banned
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As noted previously, Hulk Hogan is reportedly leaning towards re-signing with TNA Impact Wrestling over WWE, due to what was described by one source as a "low-ball" offer from WWE. However, the same source is now reporting WWE may still sign one of the top stars in TNA today.

According to a new report, sources within WWE feel that their chances are "decent" at signing "The Icon" Sting (Steve Borden) to a deal with the company. Sting is perhaps the single biggest name in pro wrestling history, certainly in the United States, to have never worked for WWE. WWE has made overtures in the past to get Sting to make the move to WWE, but never got the deal done.

[Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter]

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
Hope Sting doesn't step in a WWE ring. He'll be the first legend/icon to ever not have stepped in a WWE ring before. He'll have something to show to the next generation of wrestlers when he retires.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
On the topic of Hogan, it would have been a great rub for a guy like Swagger and his gimmick atm. Whats wrong with Hogan working with a young guy, trying to put him over. What a fucking ego.

·
Registered
6,524 Posts
It was also noted that this is probably Sting's last chance to sign. He's well into his 50s now, any more and there's just no point in signing him for a Wrestlemania match.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
God no, sting/ taker would be brural at wm.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I think he should stay where he is honestly.

·
Registered
167 Posts
As much as I would like to see Sting never enter the WWE, the truth is the company desperately needs some star power at the moment.

If I were Sting, though, I'm going for serious creative control. He knows how they bury wrestlers who come in from the outside.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,164 Posts
I would buy tickets to Wrestlemania just for that match.

Look I'm 22 years old. Undertaker is the fucking Undertaker and as a kid Sting was the greatest thing ever. It's THE dream match for me. Undertaker is still amazing and I think Sting can turn back the clock for ONE match.

·
Eating Doritos In My Mom's Basement. A Crawl Space
1,398 Posts
I grew up watching Sting in WCW and I've been a fan as long as I can remember. I think it's a point of pride for him personally that he's reached the status he has without ever working in WWE, and that is something he could take with him forever. However, as a fan, I think he deserves to end his career wrestling in front of nearly 100,000 people and possibly being inducted into the only wrestling Hall of Fame that matters.

·
Registered
12,342 Posts
He probably would love to work a WM in front of 70,000+ fans, but he has to realize that he'd have to do the job to Undertaker as well and I wonder if his ego would allow that.

What could be another option - Undertaker and Kane team up with Sting to wrestle Bray Wyatt, Harper and Rowan at WM. Kane initialy comes back as a figuratively lobotomized minion of Bray Wyatt. He snaps out of it in the Royal Rumble, eliminating Bray, Harper and Rowan who were all in the ring running roughshod over the rumble. Next night on Raw he's attacked by Wyatt Family and Undertaker returns to make the save setting up Brothers of Destruction vs Wyatt Family 3 at Elimination Chamber (maybe in an actual chamber match, it would be sort of like War Games, 4th pod - being unmanned would have weapons in it). Wyatts shockingly go over. This sets up Undertaker and Kane cutting a promo about how maybe they're getting old, or maybe Wyatt's are just that damn good - but they can't be fighting 2-on-3 anymore, but Undertaker wants another shot at Wyatt's and will put his WM streak on the line in a 3-on-3 no DQ tag team match, Wyatt Family 3 versus Undertaker, Kane and a mystery partner. Bray agrees. At WM, Wyatt Fam make their entrance, than Kane has an epic entrance, than Undertaker as they stand together at the end of the ramp and look back at the entrance as strange music hits - they point up as Sting makes his debuting entrance from the rafters at WM, with his trusty baseball bat given it's a no-dq match.

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
Hope Sting doesn't step in a WWE ring. He'll be the first legend/icon to ever not have stepped in a WWE ring before. He'll have something to show to the next generation of wrestlers when he retires.
That's not something to be proud of IMO. Who'll he impress by doing this? A bunch of IWC smarks? I say let him have a big moment on the biggest stage. He's surely earned it.

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,319 Posts
I like the idea. He needs to do it eventually because he's not living off of a TNA Legends contract. I'm not big on the Taker match idea, but if that's what they both want then so be it.
The ovation he gets when he finally appears in WWE will be one of the biggest ever and well worth it.

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
I really dont care about Sting anymore. He had his chance to face Taker at WM27 and threw it away. No way i want to see it at WM30

1 - 20 of 149 Posts