Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Rematch?

Sure,that could be happen.

Main Event?

Lol,even if WM took two nights, if the world champion from both brand come strong there's no place for that match to become main event,SDL have Tribal chief,Roman now as their focal point while RAW would be headline by few top superstar like Fiend,Drew and Orton. If some say the first women's main event was big success then they should aware how much money that WWE expenses to promote it into few mainstream media and are we sure at this rate Vince would treat Ronda vs Becky like Twice in a Lifetime between The Rock vs Cena at WM29?

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
LOL geeks talking about 'Women's bodies'. Vince doesn't give a shit. We've all heard plenty of MEN say Vince literally calls them up as they're walking about of the hospital after surgery wanting them to get back.

And the last thing I want to see is yet another women's main event stinking up WM. The last one was a horrible botched mess.

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
She won’t be ready. Even if shes fully recovered she’d have to lose the baby weight & then get back into ring/tv shape. Summer slam would be optimistic, Mania no chance.

Rock/Reigns 2021, Becky/Ronda 2022. Having those on the same show would dilute them both anyway.

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
We are talking about the guy who came into the office the day after having a serious motorcycle accident and thinks he can will himself not to get sick. Of course he wants it to happen, but reality exists.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
If Hunter can finish one of the best tag matches ever with a torn pec in SaudI, Becky can wrestle Ronda 2 months after havin’ a kid.

My heat with Paul ain’ no secret but he’s a damn fine worker and tough SOB.

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
There is 0 chance this match will main event next Wrestlemania even if it happens. The company has given the women the token Wrestlemania main event and not likely to do it again anytime soon.

WIth the tear Roman Reigns is on, he is main eventing whether people like it or not.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
There is 0 chance this match will main event next Wrestlemania even if it happens. The company has given the women the token Wrestlemania main event and not likely to do it again anytime soon.

WIth the tear Roman Reigns is on, he is main eventing whether people like it or not.
Ronda vs Becky is mainstream attention. No one knows Reigns outside the wrestling bubble

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
If it's possible then that's your main event right there. If we are assuming no Rocky of course.

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Ronda vs Becky is mainstream attention. No one knows Reigns outside the wrestling bubble
Haha, are you kidding me. No one gives a damn about Ronda Rousey anymore. Name one mainstream thing she has done since leaving WWE almost 18 months ago. She already lost a lot of popularity during the WWE run and stopped having impact on ratings, now she is even less relevant.

Becky is only relevant with wrestling fans and popularity was dying down before she got pregnant. She will have no effect on mainstream. Reigns is not necessarily mainstream but any major programs he's involved in will be bigger than Ronda v Becky. Reigns v Drew, Reigns v Lesnar, Reigns v Rock. All those will main event over a Ronda match.

It doesn't matter what we think anyway as Reigns is a bigger star in Vince's eyes than Ronda (contract expiring) & Becky (pregnant, and very light schedule going forward). Only an idiot will put those two in a Main Event then allow then to leave the company the next night.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Haha, are you kidding me. No one gives a damn about Ronda Rousey anymore. Name one mainstream thing she has done since leaving WWE almost 18 months ago. She already lost a lot of popularity during the WWE run and stopped having impact on ratings, now she is even less relevant.

Becky is only relevant with wrestling fans and popularity was dying down before she got pregnant. She will have no effect on mainstream. Reigns is not necessarily mainstream but any major programs he's involved in will be bigger than Ronda v Becky. Reigns v Drew, Reigns v Lesnar, Reigns v Rock. All those will main event over a Ronda match.

It doesn't matter what we think anyway as Reigns is a bigger star in Vince's eyes than Ronda (contract expiring) & Becky (pregnant, and very light schedule going forward). Only an idiot will put those two in a Main Event then allow then to leave the company the next night.
Unfortunately in Vince's mind Becky is a bigger star than Reigns. See 2019 for proof. Her return match is HUGE especially against Ronda.

Btw am a Becky hater not a fanboy. But the fact is lynch managed to make herself more important than Reigns.

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
Becky Lynch is not more important than Roman Reigns. She would be in Vince’s good books if she could get herself into shape by WrestleMania time for a “super mom” story. It doesn’t need to be against Ronda, but maybe Vince knows something about her deal we don’t?

My first reaction is that this story is obviously bullshit, but if Ronda and Becky have agreed to the match (tentatively), then maybe Vince actually has reason to have this penciled in? I don’t think it’s happening and that this is bullshit though.

I’d be very surprised if the main event doesn’t feature Roman Reigns at this point. And it’s not going to be against The Rock, guys. Big E and Daniel Bryan are good candidates. I’d maybe throw Keith Lee and Drew McIntyre out there as darkhorse candidates, with Brock Lesnar also being a possibility and the biggest star option.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Becky Lynch is not more important than Roman Reigns. She would be in Vince’s good books if she could get herself into shape by WrestleMania time for a “super mom” story. It doesn’t need to be against Ronda, but maybe Vince knows something about her deal we don’t?

My first reaction is that this story is obviously bullshit, but if Ronda and Becky have agreed to the match (tentatively), then maybe Vince actually has reason to have this penciled in? I don’t think it’s happening and that this is bullshit though.

I’d be very surprised if the main event doesn’t feature Roman Reigns at this point. And it’s not going to be against The Rock, guys. Big E and Daniel Bryan are good candidates. I’d maybe throw Keith Lee and Drew McIntyre out there as darkhorse candidates, with Brock Lesnar also being a possibility and the biggest star option.
Reigns vs Rock will main event if it happens. Even Reigns vs Drew probably.

But honestly can u deny that ronda vs Becky is bigger than big e or Bryan ?

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
Reigns vs Rock will main event if it happens. Even Reigns vs Drew probably.

But honestly can u deny that ronda vs Becky is bigger than big e or Bryan ?
The Rock isn’t going to wrestle for WWE again. Too much of a potential scheduling conflict with insurance companies and the like.

It depends. Bryan is beloved and if he got that slot it would be the top heel against the most loved babyface. That’s pretty big and would feel special. Big E would also be the emergence of a new singles star, so you’d probably want that main eventing.

I’d be shocked if Roman isn’t the main event whoever he gets in there with.

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Becky v Ronda was big 2 years ago. Now it is not. More because wrestling fans just don't care about Ronda anymore. And knowing Vince, i highly doubt he cares that much either.

He has her on a contract and has not even begged her to make special appearances here and there for 18months. Same period you have Goldberg showing up sporadically. Tells you all you need to know.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Becky v Ronda was big 2 years ago. Now it is not. More because wrestling fans just don't care about Ronda anymore. And knowing Vince, i highly doubt he cares that much either.

He has her on a contract and has not even begged her to make special appearances here and there for 18months. Same period you have Goldberg showing up sporadically. Tells you all you need to know.
If Ronda returns it will be the biggest story WWE will get in the wrestling world and mainstream. Of course people don't care now, but that will change the second she walks back through the door.

41 - 60 of 87 Posts