Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
13,045 Posts
You had your chance and you blew it Vince.

No re-dos.

Even if you get the players needed in place, the feel and organic build can't be replicated, even with a competent creative team which WWe doesn't have.

Next time don't shoehorn one of your hack golden children into a Mania main event worthy feud.

I just don't see fans back in stadiums in April 2021. Any US folks give an update on how realistic this is?
The US is currently run by an incompetent, delusional, malevolent buffoon, fed by a cult of inbred, uneducated, bigoted, malevolent hicks, both of which are likely to remain in power for another term due to numerous issues such as voter suppression, further incompetence and hubris by the opposition, and the country's hatred and rejection of established facts and documented science...

In other words there's a VERY good chance stadiums in the US will be open by April.

He's expecting Becky to leave her baby a month after giving birth? i don't think even vince is THAT delusional.
Eh GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yeah... Becky vs Ronda, that will put some butts in the seats.

The other one is portraying a character her in-ring abilities cannot back up and the other one only has acceptable in-ring skills at best to support her big paycheck and cannot be an entertainer in show business to save her life.

I guess that I won't be a subscriber for a long time.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I really can't see The Rock and Ronda Rousey coming back to work matches in WWE given the circumstances. If WM were to go ahead in a sold out stadium and Covid-19 is still about and many fans catch it at the event the negative publicity would be very damaging not just to WWE but also to them for agreeing to take part and being the "draws" of the show.

No doubt WWE will market the first Wrestlemania back with fans as the biggest of all time. I'm expecting The Rock vs Roman main event. They will get HHH, Undertaker, Goldberg, Brock, Ronda and Becky I am sure.

I just don't see fans back in stadiums in April 2021. Any US folks give an update on how realistic this is? From a UK perspective, it would take a miracle to see full stadiums in 6 months.
Florida is apparently getting ready to allow full capacity stadiums for NFL games shortly. Their Governor (Ron DeSantis) is one of Trump's biggest allies in the US. Rumours going about is that WWE are planning to hold the event in Tampa because of this and that its highly unlikely Los Angeles will allow an event like WM to go ahead unless a miracle occurs.

Unless Biden wins and imposes federal lockdown restrictions across the US (which could be challenged by the states in the Supreme Court because of "states rights") that remain in place come April 2021 I'm gonna assume WWE will go with having a full capacity stadium. Question is will fans attend and will stars like The Rock and Ronda Rousey want to work the show given the risks.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Probably too soon for a Becky comeback, I would be happy with Ronda Rousey vs any worthy opponent (Asuka, Charlotte, Sasha Banks, Rhea Ripley, Bianca Bel Air etc.)

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
11,651 Posts
Ideal. I need a nap when watching WM so this should do just fine
Oh darn! It looks like you won’t be getting that bad timing of a ‘nap’ at Wrestlemania 37 then :p

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Vince is dumb

He doesn't know the baby needs there mother for the 1st Year
Lol tell that to all of the women that aren't Becky and don't have the luxury to stay home with their child for a whole year. Sorry but the real world doesn't work like that.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Source: Wrestlingnewsco

A WWE source told us that things are still on track for Rousey vs. Becky Lynch in a singles match at WrestleMania and that match could end up being the main event.

A WWE source told us, “Vince is hoping for Becky to be back in January or February to start the one on one feud with Ronda.”

“Vince wants WrestleMania to be the show that says ‘WWE is back,'” according to the same source. “We can’t do Becky vs. Ronda in the Thunderdome with no fans. He wants the fans back and they will be back by the time Mania rolls around.”
WWE will be in the ThunderDome in 2021 through the summer most likely.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
No doubt WWE will market the first Wrestlemania back with fans as the biggest of all time. I'm expecting The Rock vs Roman main event. They will get HHH, Undertaker, Goldberg, Brock, Ronda and Becky I am sure.

I just don't see fans back in stadiums in April 2021. Any US folks give an update on how realistic this is? From a UK perspective, it would take a miracle to see full stadiums in 6 months.
It depends on many factors:

1) Is a national, one size fit all policy developed in the US regarding lockdowns?

2) Does WrestleMania coincide with the latest ebbing of new cases, or an upswing?

3) Does the host state allow for live sporting events?

4) Is WWE willing to run a stadium at 25% capacity and incur a major financial loss on WrestleMania?

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
It depends on many factors:

1) Is a national, one size fit all policy developed in the US regarding lockdowns? Probably not. The states doesn´t seem like they can agree on anything.

2) Does WrestleMania coincide with the latest ebbing of new cases, or an upswing? Who knows?

3) Does the host state allow for live sporting events? WWE isn´t a "sporting event" (but they´re an "essential buisness"?)

4) Is WWE willing to run a stadium at 25% capacity and incur a major financial loss on WrestleMania? Yes.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
People never source check these days.

Ideally, Of course he wants Becky and Ronda back for Mania. He probably knows that it isn't happening because Becky is pregnant.

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
First of all, too late. That ship has sailed. Interest was red hot in January 2019 and they fumbled it into a mess. Women got to main event and Becky did win both championships, but it meant far less than it should have. Kofi's WWE Title win will be WM35's defining moment.

Secondly no way Becky is back, maybe by next summer at the earliest.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
First of all, too late. That ship has sailed. Interest was red hot in January 2019 and they fumbled it into a mess. Women got to main event and Becky did win both championships, but it meant far less than it should have. Kofi's WWE Title win will be WM35's defining moment.

Secondly no way Becky is back, maybe by next summer at the earliest.
Don't be dumb. Interest was up because Becky built it up. She could easily build it up again. The mania match booking doesn't work because they tried to protect everyone.

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
Don't be dumb. Interest was up because Becky built it up. She could easily build it up again. The matches booking doesn't work because they tried to protect everyone.
Yeah Becky did a hell of a job up until the night she confronted Ronda the day after the Rumble. Becky and Ronda were generating red hot reactions.

Then they started with the whole Becky is injured thing, then they took her out, put Charlotte in, put Becky back in. It was so contrived.

Not comparing them in significance, but imagine if they inserted Sheamus into the Rock/Cena match from WM28 in the same way.

·
Registered
10,688 Posts
I think Ronda Rousey should stay in 2019, thanks.

Reactions: DammitChrist
21 - 40 of 87 Posts