Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight’s episode of WWE SmackDown Live should be interesting.

Once again, Vince McMahon tore up the script with just a couple of hours left before going on the air on the USA Network. McMahon was said to be unhappy with the ideas that the writers came up with over the weekend.

WrestlingObserver.com’s Bryan Alvarez noted that after the script was torn up, McMahon decided on booking Daniel Bryan vs. WWE Champion Kofi Kingston as the main event for tonight’s show. That was quickly changed and it’s currently unknown what match will close out the show.

As noted last week, McMahon tore up the script with hours left before the show and he was making changes to the second hour while the first hour was airing.

It’s going to be an interesting night for sure. As of this writing, there are no matches on the WWE.com preview page for tonight’s SmackDown.

For those of you wondering about Eric Bischoff, he is still getting acclimated to everything and has yet to begin giving his creative input.

https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/vince-mcmahon-unhappy-with-script-for-tonights-wwe-smackdown-live-entire-show-is-being-rewritten/

·
NBA
3,327 Posts
Re: Report: Vince changes Smackdown and tears up script

Sources claim the old man was unhappy with the fact that, for the fourth month in a row, Io hasn't gotten any attention from the writing team and is now working to change that.

Reactions: Kratosx23

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
3,413 Posts
Looking forward to this show. ;)

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts
WrestlingObserver.com’s Bryan Alvarez noted that after the script was torn up, McMahon decided on booking Daniel Bryan vs. WWE Champion Kofi Kingston as the main event for tonight’s show. That was quickly changed and it’s currently unknown what match will close out the show.
So in other words, he wanted to book the WWE Champion vs the guy who is going to be revealed as Roman Reigns attacker, and is in their biggest storyline on television right now, and somebody had to tell him "Uhhh, Vince, this is fucking STUPID. We can't beat either one of them."

This man has a brain the size of a flys wings. I have no idea how he functions.

·
NBA
3,327 Posts
I wonder if these writers just hand in shitty scripts because they know that no matter what Vince will change it. Why put time and effort into creating something fresh and interesting if it will be thrown out hours before use?
Reminds me of when I used to work making commercials as an assistant editor. Whenever a new order arrived, boss would tell me to phone it in a bit and wait till the customers arrived to check on the material first before putting too much premature effort into it because they would usually think they knew better and demand a lot of last minute changes that pretty much rendered all of the initial hours of work practically useless.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
I wonder if these writers just hand in shitty scripts because they know that no matter what Vince will change it. Why put time and effort into creating something fresh and interesting if it will be thrown out hours before use?
I started doing that at an old job because no matter what I submitted the boss changed it like 50 times before he was happy with it, I just threw shit on the paper(not literal shit) and then submitted it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Tbh I would hate my job too if every week my boss came in and changed everything I did

1 - 20 of 42 Posts