Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source: Pwinsider.com

TNA and Universal Studios have opened discussions regarding the promotion returning to the old iMPACT! Zone in November to tape several episodes of iMPACT! Wrestling. The word is that the company is looking to tape anywhere from four to six episodes of iMPACT! during the week of November 21st.

The iMPACT! Zone was located at Universal Studios Soundstage 21 in Orlando. At this time, the studio is being used as a Resident Evil haunted house for Universal’s Halloween Horrors until November 2nd.

At this time there is no confirmation that a deal is official. We’ll keep you posted as we hear more. Stay tuned!
Time to tune out.

·
Administrator
59,114 Posts
Meh. It's nothing wrong with it. It beats losing money in a failed attempt to profit on the road. They still need to look into a permanent solution though.

·
Finally...
5,933 Posts
Seeing the attendances over the past few Impact Tapings this was expect. Hopefully they can do a better job for making the Impact Zone look more packed and maybe strike a deal to charge like 5 - 10 bucks each so they can make a little bit of cash

·
I did nothing wrong
8,909 Posts
Meh. It's nothing wrong with it. It beats losing money in a failed attempt to profit on the road. They still need to look into a permanent solution though.
They should mix it up. Film some Impacts in their next home, but still do some on the road like the go-home and fallout shows for PPVs

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
It makes perfect sense. They need to stop burning money and they need a large guaranteed audience that probably won't be willing to pay a dime to show up. Aren't going to be many better suggestions that the IZ or some other theme park location, regardless of how the internet fans may react.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TNA's production sucks. That's the problem, not the size of the venue, not lack of funding - shit production, incompetence. Early Nitro's were in places smaller than the Impact Zone but WCW made them look and feel great.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
This is good news. For some reason, I thought someone rented out that sound stage and they couldn't get it back. Permanently rented it out, I mean.

So look, TNA snatched defeat from the jaws of victory here, we all know that. But still, this is good news.

It'll keep them solvent, it'll be cool to see the new design, and I wouldn't worry about the crowd either. If you go to the amusement park, you're going there to be AMUSED. Therefore I would argue that if you think wrestling is amusing enough to go to the Impact taping, you are a real wrestling fan. The crowds won't be terrible.

I admit they won't be great but the real story with TNA right now is that it's getting a lot better! That positive cancels out the negative about moving back to this location.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
This is good news. For some reason, I thought someone rented out that sound stage and they couldn't get it back. Permanently rented it out, I mean.

So look, TNA snatched defeat from the jaws of victory here, we all know that. But still, this is good news.

It'll keep them solvent, it'll be cool to see the new design, and I wouldn't worry about the crowd either. If you go to the amusement park, you're going there to be AMUSED. Therefore I would argue that if you think wrestling is amusing enough to go to the Impact taping, you are a real wrestling fan. The crowds won't be terrible.

I admit they won't be great but the real story with TNA right now is that it's getting a lot better! That positive cancels out the negative about moving back to this location.
<------------------- Florida baby, lol

But hell I'm happy as shit, now I can get those year long Universal passes & go watch TNA every week if they actually end up moving back there for most of their shows. :mark:

Hells yeah

·
Finally...
5,933 Posts
TNA's production sucks. That's the problem, not the size of the venue, not lack of funding - shit production, incompetence. Early Nitro's were in places smaller than the Impact Zone but WCW made them look and feel great.
That's what I was saying I hope they do better make the Impact zone feel packed and get rid the the shitty entrance they use to have

·
Banned
1,354 Posts
Anyone with a brain knew national touring would be a disaster. People are willing to watch TNA but not spend money on it. Look at their house show and PPV business. Their fanbase is mile wide and an inch deep.

·
Finally...
5,933 Posts
:: Update ::

PWInsider said:
The word making the way around those in TNA is that the promotion will tape a number of Impact episodes in mid-late November at the Impact Zone.

Depending on the market, planned or announced tapings would either be canceled or converted into house shows.

TNA is still working out their final plans before making any official announcements
Seems like returning is the best option at the moment

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
back to the impact zone. Well that didnt last long.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
hey they tried going on the road, it didn't quite work out, go back to the IZ, reboot after BFG save some cash and in a couple of years, give it another shot.
Right. And they can still do the odd television taping at another location with the IZ as their main location. Say, Once every three months? And slowly, as the markets become more and more dependable for them, they can ease their way back on the road in the future, doing more and more shows.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Anyone with a brain knew national touring would be a disaster. People are willing to watch TNA but not spend money on it. Look at their house show and PPV business. Their fanbase is mile wide and an inch deep.
You just insulted a lot of people man. That's not cool.

The fact of the matter is, I think if you really broke things down, TNA should have made money. It's simple economics. They were drawing north of the thousand people that the IMpact zone held and those people were paying.

The fact is, TNA didn't create a sustainable business model. They needed to run venues where the costs were covered by ticket sales. They needed a smaller production. They didn't do those things.

But to say that people are dumb because it didn't work out is ridiculous. People expected it to work out because it should have worked out. They have nothing to feel ashamed about for having a wrestling opinion. If anyone should be ashamed here it's TNA management.

<------------------- Florida baby, loll

But hell I'm happy as shit, now I can get those year long Universal passes & go watch TNA every week if they actually end up moving back there for most of their shows. :mark:

Hells yeah
That's good for you, man. I'm not the biggest TNA fan, but if I could get a free show every so often I'd go as often as possible.

Florida gets a bad wrap, and I know the state deserves it a lot of the time but ...

Is it me or is Florida just adorable? It's like the wild west. Anything goes.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
This doesn't bother me. Tna is a business, if being on the road wasn't helping their business., it's time to move on.

Now if only, Dixie would apply other good business moves to her daily running of tna.

Such as her idiotic notion of she'd rather lose money and work with her friends than make money without her friends.

News flash Dixie, these people are not your friends, the moment the money dries up they will never talk to you again.
I swear to Christ her elderly mother and her brother have more business sense than this dummy.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts