Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
7,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For months it’s been speculated that it is only a matter of time before The Rock makes a return to WWE, presumably to face Roman Reigns at WrestleMania.

The tentative plan is for Roman vs. Rock at WrestleMania 38 in 2022, but until now it hasn’t been known when The Rock will actually be making his WWE return to set the match up.

Speaking on the Mat Men Podcast, Andrew Zarian has reported that the current plan within WWE is for The Rock to return at Survivor Series 2021, and that he has heard this from three separate sources.

Zarian added that he doesn’t know whether The Rock will be wrestling or simply making an appearance at the show, but that he will be there if everything goes to plan.

It was also reported on the same podcast that Survivor Series will take place in Brooklyn this year, but the date is yet to be revealed. The idea is that WWE needs a big crowd in attendance for The Rock’s return.

We’ll keep you updated with any further updates once they become available.
Source: Report: The Rock WWE Return Date Revealed | WrestleTalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,341 Posts
Tom Brady fan guy on here is currently wetting himself hoping the Rock takes time out of his schedule to slay the big bad Roman that currently resides underneath his bed. I look forward to the same 3 videos he posts in every single thread ever created on this forum to help illustrate how utterly distraught he is that Roman made Jimmy fetch him a Gatorade.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Have Rock show up at Survivor Series, cut a promo on Roman, then cost him the title at Royal Rumble setting up the match at Mania

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
26,131 Posts
Tom Brady fan guy on here is currently wetting himself hoping the Rock takes time out of his schedule to slay the big bad Roman that currently resides underneath his bed
Well, it won't happen. The Rock just like Cena will end up losing to Reigns. At best a Big E cash in post-match is what they could hope for but I really don't see it happening. Reigns is keeping that title beyond Mania next year.

·
Premium Member
2,341 Posts
Well, it won't happen. The Rock just like Cena will end up losing to Reigns. At best a Big E cash in post-match is what they could hope for but I really don't see it happening. Reigns is keeping that title beyond Mania next year.
I’d say it’s pretty evident that Rocky isn’t winning. I was just trying to help him get some sleep. The first week of summer camp away from the family is rough.

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
He's just coming back to put over the goldenboy. Remember when the tried that at the Rumble.........

·
Premium Member
26,131 Posts
That is not going to happen.

Spoiler: Rock becomes the Tribal chief (like Peter Maivia), Usos set free and (possible) face turn for Roman.
The Rock won't be sticking around to do a title run or to play some role as the new tribal chief and having him be the one to finally beat Reigns benefits no one. Reigns going over is the right move both from a booking and a storyline perspective just as it is with Cena.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Wwe needs to tread carefully.
Fans have finally begun to embrace Roman for his great heel work. But if they feed him John Cena and The Rock within a couple of months, I can see a lot of people calling bullsh*t and turning on him again.

·
Registered
143 Posts
WWE is so predictable hard to care about anything these days I love the rock. But reigns has been shoved down our throat the whole purpose of this is to give another win and have him hold the belt till wrestlemania 39 zzzz what's the WWE obsession with long title runs it makes for boring tv.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts