Wrestling Forum banner

161 - 180 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Regarding DVD royalty's, are they really worth THAT much these days? Surely since the network & due to the decline in physical media means WWE aren't selling huge numbers of DVD's these days?

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
2,859 Posts
I joke about being a Ryback stan and everything but the guy's life is falling apart. he keeps getting injured, his supplement line is doomed to fail and his podcast co host dumped him.

·
HEADBANGA
21,854 Posts
Not every guy isn't gonna to make good money once they leave. It takes a lot of dedication to book yourself and put yourself out their without the WWE machine. Cody is an outlier because of who his dad was and he was smart enough to use that to put himself in a good position on the indies and eventually ROH. A guy like Juice Robinson is having a great post-WWE career in NJPW but he had to pay his dues for a few years to get to the level he is at now. Its a bit a gamble for most of these guys but who better to bet on but yourself?

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
But Cody Rhodes isn't even a very talented performer and he's doing very well there.
Cody's probably the best promo on the entire scene. He might not be the best in ring (he's passable) but his character work is absolutely top notch.
I'm not a Cody hater. I think hes better in the ring and mic than most people realize. I just don't think he's in that absolute upper echelon group like a Punk, Bryan, Styles, Joe etc, but he's still doing so damn well. Makes you wonder if you're a random midcard jobber in WWE.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
The Young Bucks, who WWE are going after, are continuing to mess with the bull. They're Bullet Club buddies with Cody and feeding Dave 'the Mark' Meltzer fake info, and in turn, he feeds that fake info to the marks who subscribe to his newsletter of guesses.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
Ok lets look at the people that likely fall into this category.

RAW:
Crews
Dallas
Young
Slater
Anderson
Gallows
Dana Brooke
Summer Rae
Emma

Smackdown:
Ziggler
Colons
Ryder
Sin Cara

Cruisers

Of all these ppl, discounting the cruisers, which one can actually make an impact on the indies?

I'll say Ziggler, Ryder, the Club, Emma and maybe a heel Crews.

Not everyone will succeed the same way Rhodes, Morrison, did. I don't think Ryback, Swagger, Gabriel are killing it.
The one wrestler who might really move numbers for the Indies/NJPW is the American Dragon, Bryan Danielson.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
The Young Bucks, who WWE are going after, are continuing to mess with the bull. They're Bullet Club buddies with Cody and feeding Dave 'the Mark' Meltzer fake info, and in turn, he feeds that fake info to the marks who subscribe to his newsletter of guesses.
Meltzer is an absolute mark. He gave that abomination spotfest Reigns vs Cena match 4.25 stars lol.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
To make it in the Indies, you have to at least be carryable in a match. Ryback is too bad to carry. He would fit well in GFW I am surprised he's not there.
They're going for Swagger it seems under a new gimmick probably.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
i've said it before and i'll say it again, if your name is not roman reigns or jinder then wwe creative and higher ups couldn't give a shit about you, hunter better be thankful that vince and co can't touch nxt

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Well the fans are leaving and the talent are as well what does that tell you that the product the WWE puts out sucks period no more excuses for the garbage they deliver

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Don't know why Ryback isn't in a more well known promotion. My only guess is probably because he thinks he's better than he actually is.
I went to a show in Jersey during the summer that featured Cody and Ryback.
Ryback gladly took my forty bucks for picture with my phone. than right before
the show was too start Ryback does a promo about his aches and pains. said he had back surgery a few weeks back. NOT GOING TO WRESTLE! than promos himself for the following week knowing dog gone well he is not going to wrestle. Ryback is big disappointment.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
I went to a show in Jersey during the summer that featured Cody and Ryback.
Ryback gladly took my forty bucks for picture with my phone. than right before
the show was too start Ryback does a promo about his aches and pains. said he had back surgery a few weeks back. NOT GOING TO WRESTLE! than promos himself for the following week knowing dog gone well he is not going to wrestle. Ryback is big disappointment.
Well shit! Didn't know he was doing shit like this, he's going to fall into obscurity pulling shit like this and he honestly should. Dude has done nothing to make himself better than how wwe presented him.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
161 - 180 of 199 Posts