Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 100 of 199 Posts

·
Team Narcisse
7,941 Posts
I hope more and more people leave. The more people that leave, the better chance we have of that perfect storm forming around Bryan when he leaves.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
smart move, without the amount of new recruits and up and coming talents any one of these lower tier guys would be easily replaceable

·
Registered
9,369 Posts
Once again, Enzo is the bigger draw, Neville don't like it? He needs to get better. He had the belt for 8 months (less 6 days)

If numbers were where they should have been when he was champ, Enzo wouldn't have been needed.
Do you really think him "Getting better" matters to this clusterfuck of a company?

·
Training to be a Grappler
2,319 Posts
Again, not relevant to Neville leaving at all. But you seem determined to push this as his reason.
We don't know his reason.

The reason you are saying it is makes him look like a whiny primadonna

If he is pissy because he lost a fake match, then he needs to get out of wrestling.

He held the title for 8 months, beaten everyone, and was literally the focus of the division.

But because he lost to Enzo Amore (who is a bigger draw), he wants to take his ball and go home?

The good f'n riddance.

·
2,319 Posts
Do you really think him "Getting better" matters to this clusterfuck of a company?
Why wouldn't it?

Braun Strowman got better, he got rewarded for it

Enzo Amore got destroyed, and buried, and has stayed true, and is now the focus of a show

The Miz got kicked out the locker room, got better, and parlayed that into his career.

Kevin Owens has a horrible look, but took his program with Cena, and Jericho, and made the most of it, and got rewarded.

AJ Styles was told his Royal Rumble pop was a fluke by the boss, showed more fire and got rewarded.

Nia Jax hasn't gotten better, and they have shelved her push, after months of people thinking she was going to dethrone Alexa

So yes, absolutely, I believe them seeing you getting better and getting over makes a difference

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,066 Posts
The Miz is a 7 time IC champion

Main evented a WM against John Cena(that apparently led to CM Punk being angry about it)

Former multiple time tag team champion

And is essentially the number 1 heel on Raw(unless you count Strowman as a heel)

Literally I don't know what would make you think he hasn't been rewarded
He's generally treated like a jobber. Has been in the exact same spot on the card for the past 18 months. Only gets to go higher when he's used as a pawn in a Cena proposal or a Shield reunion where Miz becomes irrelevant because the story is all about the other people. His WM Main Event was seven years ago now, and once he lost the Title he was a hapless jobber struggling to even get on TV for the next five years.

When The Miz is one of the only consistently hard working and consistently entertaining people on the roster who gives 100% everynight to the point where he's won over the Smarks who previously despised his very existence, but is still relegated to that spot of "guy who jobs to Cena and Reigns" he's not being rewarded. His best work of his career came after he won the IC Title a year and a half ago, he's still in the exact same spot now and struggles to even get on most B level PPV's.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
they need to stop letting Cody be the reason for taking this risk. If these dudes ever want to see a change, they need to pack it up and just go, and brand themselves. It's literally what all these people have been doing in the indies before WWE decided to snatch em up and ruin them.

·
2,319 Posts
He's generally treated like a jobber. Has been in the exact same spot on the card for the past 18 months. Only gets to go higher when he's used as a pawn in a Cena proposal or a Shield reunion where Miz becomes irrelevant because the story is all about the other people. His WM Main Event was seven years ago now, and once he lost the Title he was a hapless jobber struggling to even get on TV for the next five years.
He is the number 1 heel on the number 1 sho, holding the second biggest title on that show. And is the main focus, because the main champion isn't there.

Are we going to pretend that there wasn't a Raw earlier this year, where they called him the number 1 champion on Raw because Brock wasn't there?

You are doing what a lot of people do, you forget that this is how they book heels. I agree, heels should be stronger. It is not 1975 Memphis, and the bad guys do sometimes win, but they don't book that way.

Miz is important, could he be booked better? Yes, But that is basically saying they book all heels like shit. He isn't booked like a jobber, let's not make him out to be Curt Hawkins

When The Miz is one of the only consistently hard working and consistently entertaining people on the roster who gives 100% everynight to the point where he's won over the Smarks who previously despised his very existence, but is still relegated to that spot of "guy who jobs to Cena and Reigns" he's not being rewarded. His best work of his career came after he won the IC Title a year and a half ago, he's still in the exact same spot now and struggles to even get on most B level PPV's.
He has lost to Cena twice in 7 years, and never lost to reigns.

What "b level" PPV was he not on, because the only pre-show he was on was Summerslam, at least by my count.

He also has his own talking segment, and routinely gets the most screen time of anyone on the show.

What could they do with Miz that would make him seem like they are making him important in your eyes?

·
Registered
9,369 Posts
Why wouldn't it?

Braun Strowman got better, he got rewarded for it

Enzo Amore got destroyed, and buried, and has stayed true, and is now the focus of a show

The Miz got kicked out the locker room, got better, and parlayed that into his career.

Kevin Owens has a horrible look, but took his program with Cena, and Jericho, and made the most of it, and got rewarded.

AJ Styles was told his Royal Rumble pop was a fluke by the boss, showed more fire and got rewarded.

Nia Jax hasn't gotten better, and they have shelved her push, after months of people thinking she was going to dethrone Alexa

So yes, absolutely, I believe them seeing you getting better and getting over makes a difference
Nah. Pretty much all those you mention are only superficial examples TBH. Miz for example is nowhere near what he was on SD. He's still being misused, He's just presented like a big deal to put over others.

Same goes for AJ. He's nowhere near what WWE SHOULD be doing with him.

They all are still being booked moronically and will continue to be because WWE are out of touch. The Miz we saw on SD would have been so much better on the indy circuit.

·
Registered
16,454 Posts
Good, WWE need a wake up call. I hope some big names leave too but I highly doubt that will happen. I want one of those big walk outs, remember that period when Hogan, Flair, Savage, Bulldog and Warrior all left WWE. WWE needs to have this happen to them again but I highly doubt people like Cena, Reigns, Rollins, Ambrose, Strowman and others are gonna all leave suddenly :p

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
Nah. Pretty much all those you mention are only superficial examples TBH. Miz for example is nowhere near what he was on SD. He's still being misused, He's just presented like a big deal to put over others.

They all are still being booked moronically and will continue to be because WWE are out of touch. The Miz we saw on SD would have been so much better on the indy circuit.
And also what about those people that actually did get themselves over but WWE punished or cooled off in some way? How do you explain that?

·
2,319 Posts

Once again, about Miz.

Number 1 heel on the number 1 show, holding the second biggest title.

What else would you like for them to do to make him a bigger deal?

He has his own talking segment, his own faction, is in the main event of the next PPV

What else? I really would like you to answer this

And that is your opinion of what they should be doing with AJ.

I like AJ But I think Dolph Ziggler would be the best champion on that show(as I think he is being misused) I think where AJ is at is fine.

He is the highlight of Smackdown, constantly gets screen time, and is treated generally like a big deal. If this is because he doesn't have a title, then that is where we will agree to disagree, he doesn't need a title right now.

We wouldn't have seen the Miz we saw on Smackdown on the indy circuit. The indies are centered around workrate, considering you have to sell DVD's.

The Miz's strength is his promo ability, unfortunately guys can't talk on the mic nearly as much as they can in WWE due to time/budget constraints.

In theory, I know what you are saying, but I think it is a lot of you fantasy booking best case scenarios, that more than likely wouldn't happen

·
2,319 Posts
And also what about those people that actually did get themselves over but WWE punished or cooled off in some way? How do you explain that?
Are you talking about Zack Ryder?

Because that is the only case I know about.

Daniel Bryan improved a lot, and got the WM 30 Main event because of it.

Who else got themselves over, and were punished for it?

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
Are you talking about Zack Ryder?

Because that is the only case I know about.

Daniel Bryan improved a lot, and got the WM 30 Main event because of it.

Who else got themselves over, and were punished for it?
Becky Lynch.

Although I wouldn't say she was punished for it but they did cool her off. I've noticed she's hasn't been getting the same reactions she used to.

·
2,319 Posts
Not really. She got herself over but was never really rewarded for it(She won a title but was used to put over Alexa for the time she had it).

And TBH her booking is consistent..Consistently shit.
She got herself over and won a title.

Wasn't she the inaugural women's champ for Smackdown?

So she got herself over, then went to Smackdown, and became the top woman on the show (these are your words), but it's a problem because she lost the belt?

What would you have liked for them to do instead of what they did?

Given her a longer reign? Had her go an undefeated streak? It comes off like nothing would have made you happy

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
She got herself over and won a title.

Wasn't she the inaugural women's champ for Smackdown?

So she got herself over, then went to Smackdown, and became the top woman on the show (these are your words), but it's a problem because she lost the belt?

What would you have liked for them to do instead of what they did?

Given her a longer reign? Had her go an undefeated streak? It comes off like nothing would have made you happy
Like I said in the parenthesis. She was used to put over Alexa in that title reign. She constantly got beat down and humiliated and on top of that she wasn't even the captain of the SS team. And never even got in a clean defense. When she was champ she was not booked strongly at all.

What I would've liked is for WWE to capitalize on her by giving her a strong reign. When you have someone as champion and they're over it doesn't make sense for them to constantly have them get their asses kicked week in and week out. That makes the person look weak and doesn't put a whole lot of Value on the title either. WWE did that with her constantly and given that she got HERSELF OVER it didn't make sense.

And for the record don't sit here and try to paint me as some fan that'll never be satisfied. I would've been 100% fine with Becky's title reign had she not been booked like crap for the entirety of it.

81 - 100 of 199 Posts