Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rusev hasn't wrestled on WWE television since teaming with Liv Morgan on the Jan. 20 episode of WWE Raw. He was scheduled to compete in the Royal Rumble, but was taken out of the match due to "injuries suffered in a brawl with Bobby Lashley."

According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer, Rusev is off television due to a contract dispute. No further details were given.

It is unknown when Rusev's contract expires. His wife Lana signed a new five-year in November 2019.

Rusev was off WWE television through the summer of 2019, but has been a featured player since his return in September. He was involved in a cheating angle with Lana and Bobby Lashley that included Lana and Rusev getting "divorced" on television before Lana "married" Lashley. Liv Morgan was eventually thrown into the mix as Lana's ex-lover.

Rusev recently responded to a social media post where a user believed he was removed from television due to an injury.

It is unknown when Rusev will return to television.
Source: Rusev Off WWE Television Due To Contract Dispute | Fightful Wrestling

·
Registered
99 Posts
Wel hopefully he shows some guts and leaves to greener pastures . This storyline may be fun and gain YouTube views but really doesn’t take him anywhere .
No titles involved even mid card ones .

Doesn’t seem he willl be doing anything important at mania , maybe another lashley match with no real pay off.

He will be stuck in meaningless midcard comedy feuds for the foreseeable future so if he is smart he will gamble and leave- he is young enough still that he can take a couple years off, go to other promotions like Drew did, change his look/ gimmick and then after couple years come back with better contract And demand to be a bigger player .

If he just resigns to a 3-5 year contract but he time it expires he will be damaged good and in his late 30s and by the time he leaves then and comes back he will be too old to become anything more than a Matt Hardy type of enchantment talent

·
Registered
268 Posts
Like I said somewhere else WWE isn't going to budge on a deal to re-sign him. WWE got what they want from him anyways (CJ has already re-signed.) So they are telling him the ball is in your court now? He can keep thinking that the company wants to negotiate with him and rightfully so, but I believe the company has probably put a limit on what they are willing to go and if he doesn't re-sign the company will just let him go. They embarrassed him enough with this Lashley/Lana/Rusev stuff and thinking who's really going to step up and sign him. Plus we got his wife within our company so why should we re-sign him?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Meltzer said on Monday's WOR that he was simply off TV at the moment because they have nothing for him creative wise.
this is probably why creative has nothing for him. Cause if he re-sign with the company they'll probably pick right back up with the Rusev/Lashley/Lana saga.

·
Registered
403 Posts
this is probably why creative has nothing for him. Cause if he re-sign with the company they'll probably pick right back up with the Rusev/Lashley/Lana saga.
Creative typically doesn't have anything for wrestlers that are nearing the end of their contract and don't plan on re-signing. That could be a sign that Rusev wants to leave or contract negotiations are at a standstill.

·
Registered
8,491 Posts
I hope he grabs his balls and leaves. He could do a lot more than he's doing in WWE, and now that Lana signed again, there's some guarantee of money either way.

Rusev would be a top guy in AEW the moment he got there.

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
Hes not gonna abandon WWE, his wife has the pants of that relationship and she looks happy with the semi glamorous diva life WWE provides her.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
He's probably thinking real hard about this one but will in the end resign. He knows once he leaves wwe, Lana will be getting her cheeks clapped by someone else in the back.

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Didn't his wife just sign a multi-year deal? I don't see him leaving her there and going somewhere else.

·
Premium Member
11,156 Posts
People talking about Lana signing a contract.

How many couples do you know that work in the same company? If you are married, does your wife have the same employer? Now I understand that wrestling is slightly different, where you may not see each other for a few days at a time. But even so, why should this really affect your decision to go elsewhere? Remember that Moxley and Renee have done it. Remember that there are tons of wrestlers who have wives or husbands that are not in the business. They won’t see each other for a few days at a time.

Think of it the other way - they have guaranteed money coming from Lana. Rusev can go make a name elsewhere.

also one more thing - I’ve heard speculation that they have separated IRL.

now I don’t think Russo will go anywhere else. WWE have probably given him a blank cheque. But let’s see.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Meltzer said on Monday's WOR that he was simply off TV at the moment because they have nothing for him creative wise.
the feud between Lana and Liv seems to be ongoing though (otherwise why would Lana join Ruby in attacking Liv instead of the focus just being on Ruby and Liv?).

and I agree with people saying that even though the storyline has gotten lots of views, it's brought Rusev down even if he still is very over with the fans.

Rusev was great when he returned and then was involved in the Maria/Mike Kanellis angle. I have no idea why they decided to put him INTO Mike's role as some whipping boy who gets cheated on by his wife. People appreciated the toughness and believability of Rusev being a bad ass and they made him out to be some goof.

·
Registered
268 Posts
People talking about Lana signing a contract.

How many couples do you know that work in the same company? If you are married, does your wife have the same employer? Now I understand that wrestling is slightly different, where you may not see each other for a few days at a time. But even so, why should this really affect your decision to go elsewhere? Remember that Moxley and Renee have done it. Remember that there are tons of wrestlers who have wives or husbands that are not in the business. They won’t see each other for a few days at a time.

Think of it the other way - they have guaranteed money coming from Lana. Rusev can go make a name elsewhere.

also one more thing - I’ve heard speculation that they have separated IRL.

now I don’t think Russo will go anywhere else. WWE have probably given him a blank cheque. But let’s see.
that's odd if they separated cause they live in the same house as well as sharing photos of their dogs saying happy family, But like I said somewhere else if Lana thinks them slut shaming her is bullying cause of a storyline. If news like that gets out about them separating they will be slut shaming her harder and no matter how bad she spins the story it'll be a bad look for her.

Well if you have a very insecure woman like Lana and she is also you wife, she has told you bout these insecurities because she trust you and is open with you. Would you still go to another company to put that to a test or would you stay in a company and be there for your wife?

Rusev was great when he returned and then was involved in the Maria/Mike Kanellis angle. I have no idea why they decided to put him INTO Mike's role as some whipping boy who gets cheated on by his wife. People appreciated the toughness and believability of Rusev being a bad ass and they made him out to be some goof.
I still believe they were going to be part of this angle, I feel like they were going to have it where Rusev continues to beat Mike. They do the Maury Povich thing and it's revealed Rusev isn't the father, then the season premiere stuff happens with Lashley and Lana.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts